1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door Sill Protectors or Kick Plates for Fiat Linea

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Fantastic Ravi, I knew you will get it somewhere. Looks great.

One small query, why does the rear kick plate small when compared to the front.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, NAREN64.

In Germany, the door sill plates are available in set of two for front doors only. Only here, it is available in set of 4. I too posed the same question to Mr Sushil. He said, it is available like this only. I too felt the length of the rear door sill plate could have been more.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    J.Ravi at it again !!! :mrgreen:

BTW, what material is it made of? Steel/ Chrome?

Yeah, Rear scuff plate looks small
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    guys the rare plates are always smaller in comparision to the front always.. Even in the innova I had checked it out and so is the same in my frnds CRV.. But my only fear is rust.. it would attract rust pretty quickly
  5. Lovely. I would like to get a set for my GP.

@Andy: The plates are not bolted, but pasted. Do you think will rust the car body?
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yea even i would like to get one as long as you dont bolt it.. Its normally stuck to the body and not screwed.. It looks stainless steel types but has chrome finish but ive seen vehicles with rust on these plates.. Especially the ones in my frnds CRV.. he got the original Honda plates which has those light blue lights on the CRV plates which looks stunning.. But after some time when i saw them recently its rusted now.. Its hardly a year now...

Since its just abt 1000bucks even if it starts rusting keep an eye on it and replace it immediately before it hits the body...
  7. omar1310

omar1310

Mumbai
    Any idea, where will we get it in Mumbai (all 4).

I got front 2 in Mulund, Mumbai.

8. omar1310

omar1310

Mumbai
    Here is the photo.

Doorsills1.jpg
  9. Omar, it looks good.
    Both the sill plates of yours and Ravi's look good.

Is "Linea" engraved/printed on the plate ? Ravi's plate has the name embossed.