1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door Panel Gaps on new Punto??

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by fiatchamp, Oct 31, 2013.

1. fiatchamp

fiatchamp

Delhi
    Hi Guys,

This is the pic of new Red Beauty which I checked as apart of PDI.

Rear doors had some panel gaps. Is this normal?

See the image. It may not be clear. From distant angel one could see the inner side.

Punto.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. gauravbfss

gauravbfss

Delhi
    Well, my car PDI reflected that FRONT DRIVER Seat had its polythene removed and seat had a black mark. KM run were just H 7 Km.
  3. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    Hi,
    If you feel there is difference in gap on both doors, then it might be some alignment issue. Ask them to correct it before delivery. I had alignment issue with driver side door, which was corrected later.

Congrats on the new car! :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatchamp

fiatchamp

Delhi
    Can you please check bottom of ur rear door and see if this is OK. Another Punto next to my car showed same gap.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can't make out much but the newer cars are definitely "tighter" when it comes to clearances of body panels.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Is it just one door at the rear or both? The gaps looks a little strange, must be alignment issues.

Show it to the dealer and get it rectified before the delivery
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Panel gaps are not too visible easily in pic.But get it rectified with dealer before Delivery.
  8. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Also one advise. If its not too much off and not causing issues then don't bother with it. TASS/FASS or any ASS have reputations of causing another issue fixing one. And if at all you plan to get it fixed, get that done in front of you in their workshop. It will cause a little pain on your end but will be worth it in long term.