1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door damping for Punto

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by me_at_fiat, Dec 30, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    @ all people who have used this item - a review from someone who had it installed a few years back on my linea

1. the sheet in question is thin. looks like suffering from polio or something when compared to Dynamat or Focal damping sheets. though they do provide good damping for a few weeks/months post installation.
    2. the glue looks like TAR. only a one time pasting is possible. if ever you remove it, it cannot be pasted back with the same efficiency as of dynamat and focal.
    3. NEVER, i say again NEVER EVER park your cars under the hot sun. all the gooey TAR stuff behind those door pads melt, get liquidy and loose their adhesiveness.(first hand experience/ mumbai/Kochi heat will kill it...wonder what happens in Delhi)

if still not convinced, wait till i post pictures of the after effects of these mats.

a picture says a thousand words

and PS - i wouldnt want this in my wheel arches(inner). way too scary, if they slip from their position. must be for some reason that Dynamat / FOCAL charge so much for their sheets.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks harry for your longterm feedback. So have you now replaced this with other brand damping material?
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    yes. had to painstakingly remove every bit of that tar material. replaced it with FOCAL dampmat.
    novicefreak and kunwar.g like this.
  4. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Great VFM @7500.

Yes even I am waiting for HoodLiner Product to come out.

I am going through these technical stuff , for technical know how and better understanding,
    http://www.ijese.org/attachments/File/v2i1/A0582112113.pdf

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/top10noise.pdf

hope this helps

thanks....
    --- Double Post Merged, May 14, 2015 ---
    thanks for the long term feed back.
  5. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi All,

From the post I see that people have done door damping for Punto/Linea. Can anyone let me know if there is any good place in Bangalore who does door damping? I was looking at Dampmat which has good reviews. I enquired with one dealer and he quoted me 16k for four doors/boot. The labor he quoted was 5.8k which is extremely costly. I feel so much of vibration from the door when I play songs. :-(

Can anyone suggest a shop in Bangalore who does good job in damping?
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There's one brand "American" available at JC Road... It's about 1400/ a roll, good enough to cover 4 doors if you use it in minimal places else you can buy 2.
    It's not at all complicated to apply however removal of door pads might be a bit of a task.. I have it and it's pretty good.
  7. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks. Which shop in JC road sells the damping material?