1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door damping for Punto

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by me_at_fiat, Dec 30, 2014.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My installer was asking 800, I paid 600 only. It took almost 1.5 hour.
  2. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Considering the low cost of these damping sheets vs some other branded ones, was thinking of damping the inner side of the plastic cladding on wheels well. Would that have any impact on the road/tyre noise. Or would need to do damping on the entire car floor ?
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    did you take some pics while installation?? For me it took a complete day!! I was standing there next to him and this guy didnt took any short-cuts. post some pics buddy .:D
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for my bad issue with mobile,, I lot all the photos.. Four persons were working together doing the install. So they manage in less time. I really don't think that this is going to be full day job unless someone new in doing that.
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    cool now you didnt share that previously if 4 ppl are doing it together then its doable.

It does need one full day man, this installer is pretty well known here in pune. It was not just about installing damping material, you have to remove speakers spacers, adjust it once again. Make sure that there is no rattling because of loose wires. Also, in my case I have component speakers in all for doors. Quite a many of us have got it done from him and everytime we ended up with spending one complete day!! But, final result was fantastic. :headphone:
  6. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast

hi all

Received the courier on Saturday @ 5:00PM and immediately started straight to LB Stadium shops. Installed them at a known shop in LB Stadium(people in Hyd are quite familiar). Four doors + rear boot door. Time taken appx 2 hours with proper care. I was always by the side. Installation charges 500 and quite reasonable.

Perfect Damping option, I am more than happy with the experiment.

My main objective was to reduce high NVH that is in PalioStile MJD, & for sure this product lived upto the expectation. I am experiencing smooth drive.

Sound proofing definitely improved as I have SONY+JBL-6inch speaker setup, sound was always better and now its even better.

Thanks to the thread owner for these options.

Next, I am planning to apply these to Hood, as the product mentions it can be applied to Hood also and has High temperature resistance up to 400° F(204° C)
    Has anyone tried hood lining to reduce Vibrations and Noise? Suggestion please.

thanks.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Eagerly waiting for your update on it being used as a Hoodliner @novicefreak . Do it fast before the seller realises the increase in demand and increases the cost :)
  8. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for the post. I regard your eagerness but I have to evaluate the technical feasibility. I would post details if and when it happens.

But for now rest assured product is worth the money for in-cabin noise control. You may go ahead and order from Amazon or the seller has his own website autotrends.in.

Thanks.
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All four doors and boot is already damped with Dampmat. Even that was VFM for me at I got the bulk pack for 7500.00 coutesy 25% coupon of eBay. :)

I am now looking for options to do the hood and wheel arcs ( Inside cabin ) . I had posted a question which went unaswered regarding the same. What if we try using the discussed product on the inside of the plastic cladding on the front wheel wells. Will that have any effect ?

Dampmat is introducing two more versions. Hoping that one of them will be the hoodliner version. Shall update you as and when i get the update
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    novicefreak and harryaviator like this.
  10. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Great!!! going guys. Do post some pics which you must have taken during installation.
    @kunwar.g thats one cracking deal you have got there. :D