1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Door damping for Punto

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by me_at_fiat, Dec 30, 2014.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @pdash how much you paid for these damping sheet. I want to do damping for my Palio S10 & looking foward to damp the hatch door too.
  2. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Thanks for the update pdash,
    If you observe the pics which i had posted then you could see that i have placed damping on the back side of the speakers as well. Initially I was not happy with the quality of damping sheets, but after installations it made a sea change in the sound. It's absolutely worth!!! no more rattling and doors close with solid thud.

Park you car out side for couple of days throughout the afternoon. The damping material will heat up and will bond really well with the surface. Just my guess!!

About lock issue,
    Even i had faced the same issue. In one of the pic you can see some black patch near lock area. What we did was, rather than puncturing the damping we added a small patch of actual damping(one with proper metal sheet). Because of this patch now the lock doesn't get stuck and it just slides from the metal surface. :pompous:

Yes.. Do post some pics!!!
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    pdash likes this.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For two sheets I have paid 2500 after discount. I feel total 22 to 24 sqft material is required if you are planning for all the five door.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Per the listing on ebay 1 is for Rs 1999. 2 makes it 3998. At 2500 you got discount of over 35%. Howcome? Lets buy bulks and resell it.
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    I tried it and it shows me 1399/- pre sheet. I dont see 1999/- any where..

Capture.PNG
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Mean while, I have ordered on Amazon today. No deals just 1249+1249=2498.
    (eBay seems little over priced even when coupon code is applied only 10% off on 1999, 1399)
    I shall update once I receive the product.

How much is the installation cost, I am from Hyderabad, any known person to contact please let me know.

Thanks
  10. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    must be around 1000-1500/- for complete installation. But make sure that you get it done from a person who really knows it and not from any Tom D*** and Harry!!!:wacky: