1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does your neighbourhood fuel ststion cheat you?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by AmeyKhedekar, Jan 31, 2015.

1. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    Dear FIATians,

i dont know if anyone has thought this sometimes or not.
    but has any stray thought gripped you?
    Does your neighbourhood fuel ststion cheat you?

this is regarding, i got to know same incident twice.

October 2014:
    i had given my FIAT LINEA for my 1st 6month car servicing at FASS. the very next day in the morning i went to the neighborhood fuel station to refuel my car, and then went to the attendant who fills air in the tires, who told me the air in the front right tire is too low and he need to check/remove the tire for puncture check which would take 10mins for the job.
    i flatly refused knowing the guys at FASS cant be doubted for the servicing work done the previous day.

January 2015:
    again the same incident was repeated with my friend, in different fuel station in h9is locality which is 15kms away from my fuel station where i refuel, where the attendant who fills air in tires pointed out possibility of puncture in the front right tire. and the job was done for Rs 400.

has anyone faced similar incidents or any other incidents?

here is a link where i had found :
    Common petrol pump scams in India

http://www.cartoq.com/common-petrol-pump-scams-in-india/

and
    5 ways service stations cheat you

http://www.cartoq.com/5-ways-service-stations-cheat-you/

Common petrol pump scams in India
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @AmeyKhedekar what you have described is now a common site. Unfortunately not just at petrol pumps but many normal roadside puncturewallahs play similar trick. Best way is to get a decent air gauge and tyre inflator to keep such cons at bay. At time these puncturewallahs while checking tyre air pressure, play with air valve and damage it to a level where one needs to change the tube (not applicable for tubeless tyres), so better to be independent. BTW its no point to check tyre air pressure after running the car for 10-15 kms, it's always recommended to check air pressure when tyres are cold. Happy and safe motoring!!!
    AmeyKhedekar likes this.