1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does it make sense to buy Linea, now that the monthly sales

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sunnyside, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Re: Does it make sense to buy Linea, now that the monthly sa

Sunnyside

Congrats on the new buy.Good choice and you would never regret it.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Congrats
    Only today I saw your question adressed to me
    Between 1.4 fire and 1.3 MJD,definitely the mjd.only for it's torque
    Between FIAT and other cars,definitely any other car but a fiat,you have to have a thick skin,numb brain,stuck heart and definitely only five of the six sences to own a FIAT,now that you have taken the risk,you are welcome to the world of gloom.
    No,am not a petrol Linea owner,but a diesel Linea owner,who regrets every single minute for wasting 8 Lakh RS.
    If possible cancel the booking and get away with a few thousand RS,the booking amount loss,or else you will remember one day that a friend had already warned you
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

@Bala:
    Your profile says you own Linea 1.4 Emotion Pk (petrol), Fox Trote Azure Color. Also Diesel emotion pack version never came at 8L price on road. Not sure what you are trying to convey.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

I own a 1.3 mjd active Linea-FR,the profile is wrong
    About what am trying to convey,you will understand only with the rest of the ownership of your car
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Well, i am not sure whats your issue, but as of now i am doing well with the car and really dont see any such reason to panic about the same in near future too.

And kindly update your profile to have accurate information.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

Bala @ --- Amogh's Q' remains un-answered ,

Even I ask you Why No ? ,

I've no problems at all with my GP 1.3 Epk ,
    Why is it U r not happy with ur car ?

Pls. be specific with ur probs. with ur linea , probably we may help u to sort them out .

Atul
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Congratulations sunnyside, wish you have nice experience with your Linea.

I think Bala has some issues with brakes (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1226). Let us discuss Bala's issue on that thread please.
  8. sunnyside

sunnyside

Ahmedabad

Hi guys,

A small update, i have changed my booking to MJD emotion from Fire Emotion Pack.

Mainly two reasons:

1. The day after i booked the petrol prices went up by 3 rs.
    2. MJD was my original choice, due to better in city drivability.

@bala : I sympathise with your loss, but i think it was a one-off case as have not yet come across a similar issue elsewhere in the forum.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

Congrats Sunny side,MJD has a delicious torque other than the economy of diesel,from my experience I would suggest people to buy cars only with airbags,emotion does not have airbags.
    I too wish it was a one off case,but the attitude of people at service centre is sickening,which is certainly the main deterrant for car buyers,otherwise LINEA is a fantastic car,only problem is,it is in TATA's hands which is very bad .
    In my case I still doubt if there was a wear with brake pads,which went unnoticed becaue of the huge one year service interval and the car was just due for service when this happened.
    wish you a happy and safe motoring with your new car.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

@ Bala - i am very much sorry bro, but when you own a car you need to take special care of her, irrespective of service intervals laid down (marketting gimmik) by the manufacturers.

for eg: i never service my alto, i always fill mobil1/quartz- fully synthetic oil - change interval strictly not above 9-10k, ngk platinum spark plugs, K&N air filter, top quality coolant, brake oil and mobil gearbox oil. its has been ages that i have just given the car for servicing and paid a bullshit amount of 750 just for cleaning sparks, blowing air on the filter and removing one nut to drain oil and refilling.
    instead i regularly check all the above listed, pay very less amount of labor and keep my car shining and brand new.

i think in your brakes case you should have judged/predicted that your brakes are not performing well and without waiting for service interval you should have changed the brake pads/sort out brakes problem.

i am not going to wait for 15k oil change in my linea atleast. i need to plan the oil changes accordingly.

regarding the MJD you can drive it in 3rd gear right from 1000 rpm to eternity throughout the city without changing the gear as if its an automatic. :wow

you will never regret buying a MJD atleast not when you see the petrol price hike news :car