1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does it make sense to buy Linea, now that the monthly sales

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by sunnyside, Dec 5, 2010.

1. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Re: Does it make sense to buy Linea, now that the monthly sa

What is necessary to take TD of Honda ?

1368 CC. :- 115 BHP & 214 NM Torque.

Do you want anymore only from small 1.4 engine ?
  2. sunnyside

sunnyside

Ahmedabad

Thank you all for your replies, One note: I'm planning Linea MJD and Not Linea T-jet as the T-jet pricing is more than ANHC SMT (OTR) and at that price i could not justify to my parents and family to opt fro Linea. So the comparison for me is between Linea MJD & ANHC.

My running is just 500km/month, so why the heck diesel???? Basically it boils down to:

a) Linea Fire 1.4 during test drive felt like i was driving a tank without adequate power. (Compared to ANHC).

b) I could live by Linea 1.4 fire if i drastically change my driving style, also it would entail a saving of approx 90K over MJD. But i feel that 6-7 months down the line Fiat is going to keep fire only on Active variant. So a major post purchase pang.

c) Linea T-jet : It was as good as Fire 1.4 below 2000rpm and mostly my drive is to be in city and rpm above 2000 can be achieved mostly on open roads. Secondly the pricing of T-jet normal was more than ANHC SMT. So going for T-jet was not a good option (as father is totally against Fiat Linea, he is pushing for ANHC)

d) Linea Diesel MJD, the power was adequate for my driving style, maybe because of low end torque??, Plus a proven engine, Better FE & possibly better resale than Linea 1.4 fire.

e) My Original Budget was 8 lacs which i can strech by 50K for MJD with about 30-40% financial discomfort. so MJD is within reach.

Guys please critique my MJD diesel v/s fire 1.4 rational thoroughly. :hit
  3. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

Hey sunny go for Linea !!! you won't regret !!!

BTW Amogh u said it just right.

Atul
  4. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    Sunnyside,

If your monthly running is only upto 1500 Km ,then Petrol is the best.

But If you go for petrol car,do not keep car it more than 5 years.

Resale value of Petrol car become very disappointing after 4-5 years. :A

I sold out my Maruti Dzire VXi (Petrol) after 1.5 year for Rs.3.90 Lacks :uh
    Purchase price was Rs.5.75 Lacks. :shocked

For Maruti Vehicle,Resale value decreased by Rs.1.85 Lakh within 18 months

then what will be the Resale Value of FIAT Petrol Car :shocked
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram

A big NO,this is from the most ardent fan of FIAT who bought a LINEA with out even a testdrive.
    But,don't buy an ANHC made of tin sheets.go for some other European car.
  6. sunnyside

sunnyside

Ahmedabad

Guys today I'm taking a TD of Linea Fire & Linea MJD back to back, this would clear some of my doubts.

@bala, from your sign you have Fire Linea, can you please do shed some light that whether you are not satisfied with engine of Linea or therr are any other issues. Also let me ask you a question, if you had a choice between Linea Fire & Linea MJD, what would you have choosen??
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

compare the features on the ANHC and TJET. TJET stands out. plus i bet on safety. TJET will be safer than ANHC. more fun to drive.
    but if you have doubts about fiat then you can go for ANHC. its a very good machine too, but comes with a premium of honda badge.
  8. mat46

mat46

Mumbai/Kochi

Not true. I drive tjet daily in bumper to bumper city traffic, it goes as fast as the bumper before me allows, so does a city for that matter, so will a merc.But, if there is a gap or a break, the tjet will zoom through it, it doesnt matter if I am in the first or 2 nd. gear, the acceleration is instantaneous.

This post is to correct your impression about Tjet's handling in city traffic.

I am in no position to comment on Fire 1.4 Vs MJD.

Wrt. whether FIAT will fold or not, I have posted my views on the FIAT news -INDIA, so will not repeat it here and also why I feel FIAT petrol will have a higher resale value a couple of years downthe line, than the competition, is also posted in that post.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

Could you explain why you are saying NO ?

is there a problem with your car ? or is it the service ?
  10. sunnyside

sunnyside

Ahmedabad

Thank you guys for your replies, i took a leap of faith :shock: and booked 1.4 fire emotion Pack Bossa Nova White.

I cancelled the 1.3 mjd booking and converted it to 1.4 fire after a 6th TD of fire. Wifey was not very confortable with the engine sound of MJD (We have never driven a Diesel), so thought let me scarifice on power a little and go for 1.4 fire. Wife was further happy that i'll have to tone down my driving style to accomodate linea 1.4.

T-jet was out of budget so was not in the running.