1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does Indian females appreciate Punto and Linea?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Jun 3, 2011.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Well said. Anything further up & it would have been adults only.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I tried my hard, to bring Punto since my wife was towards Fabia. The one she had seen was the Elegance old MPI version with its full fledged form. But now she like Punto. I think it is one of my biggest achievements. My son is a hardcore fan of Fiat. He won't leave any fiats on road. If any fiat pass he will be the first person to shout with excitement.
    Kedar, lady in your office deserve a promotion.
    1 person likes this.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Liking of i10 etc could be due to SRK factor too. There is a fair chance that females liking i10 are SRK fans too. Punto has a more imposing presence and looks muscular yet elegant compared to i10 or i20 which tend to look cute and cuddly, a form much preferred by ladies. Liking of Ritz, man, I don't know what to say to that. A vehicle that manages to look like a hearse from behind, I find it strange that it should be even considered in looks department.
    1 person likes this.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    My wife and daughter first liked the Linea when it was launched.. months later when we TD the Punto, they immediately liked the looks of it. We did the TD of Ritz and Punto back to back and they absolutely hated the looks and ride of Ritz.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    my mom, wifey, sister, dad, relatives all over everyone loves linea :) its looks the best.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    When the decision was made to upgrade my Palio 1.2, I had these options, Home minister comments next to the choices

1. Palio 1.3 SDX -- She said, no point in migrating to the same size car
    2. Accent -- Aged design and seen 10 years on roads, do not want @ Home
    3. Optra Magnum 2.0 -- If price is same as Linea TJet then go for TJet, TJet looks like a King on the Roads !
    4. Linea TJet -- Finally we chose this one
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  7. drarvindc

drarvindc

Nagpur
    During the Hunting (car) season my wife gave little room for choice, some of her comments :

1. Maruti alto, zen, wagon r ---- all termed as taxi's.
    2. Swift / Dezire ---- named toad and sick of seeing so many of them.
    3. i10 --- remove the hyundai and its as good as maruti taxi's
    3. Polo -- termed as bad copy of punto and looked cheap
    4. Indica Vista Drivetech4 --- Good but less feminine
    5. Figo --- Ford Fusion+ looked better.
    6. Ritz / Beat --- Hate it

She's been driving for over 10 years and Punto was the only car she praised and liked. We were not looking for sedan so Linea was out of question but Tuscan wine color on linea did catch her attention.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @arvind

LOL

Very interesting and enjoyable comments there buddy. Especially about the Swift and Polo.

Cheers.

Gurjinder
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    They should make Priyanka Chopra the brand ambasador of Fiat and bring in girly colours like pink,yellow... :)
    Jokes apart one thing which i found the females really complaining is that the steering of even I10 is "better" than Punto, because they dont really care much about steering feedback etc.. What they want is a butter smooth steering at city speeds . So I feel that Fiat should add the "City" mode in the steering wheel like they have in the Europian models . This would make the steering feel "better" and equivalent to the i10...in the city.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    it is not celebrity thing.

my wife, whenever i ask pros and cons about punto she says,
    steering is too heavy,
    gear shift is long and confusing (she always mess up with 2nd and 4th,)
    big steering wheels
    barely can see outside, neither through windshield nor through windows (impssible for her to reverse park with punto)
    hardly any place to put her load of stuffs,
    even doors are hard to open and close (in honda and toyota cars she has shown me how with a single finger she can open and shut the door)

yet she loves,
    silent cabin of punto which she says is better than any other petrol she has driven.
    ride quality which is like gliding on carpet.
    classy MID and AC.
    safety(yes she has feeling that punto is much safer than any other car on road)
    and the best, my likeness towards punto.

.......... punto is more masculine than feminine .