1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does Indian females appreciate Punto and Linea?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Well I think girls do like the looks of punto ...but I dont think they like to drive it . When they sit at the driver's seat they will not be able to see the front of punto and they are not able to judge the distance when they stop behind some another vehicle. Well this is the only silly reason my wife & even my sister says about punto :) I think in the case of SUV's they will be comfortable about this factor.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    In families females has very much role in final selection. If punto get attracted or has the the priority No1 it should definitely reflect in sales. If they are afraid of service, how they will accept the GM. My friends who purchased spark are getting horrible service from them. But still lot of GM cars are coming in my colony. How those ugly Ritz are spreading like flu virus. If Tata service is the case why Tata cars are spreading? I am not making statements. But trying to see in another angle if there is any other possible reason for low sales of Punto and Linea. The point is that when Fiat bring smaller cars they should target Indian families. They should redesign(or design) it for India where they can compromise style for practicality. It should attract people in showroom itself. It should come in their thoughts when they think of cars. The class below Punto is very important. For example look at Uno. If they want to bring it with the same grill, I don't think an average Indian will accept it.
  3. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I had a talk with many of my female friends on their preference.The statement they usually make is the punto though a hatchback is still a huge car.They are looking for something that is cozy to take around.Most of them prefer a 800 or the likes.
    But there are sporty females who go for punto ,scorpio,endeavour etc...
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The females in my society said that the look of Punto gives them a rich feel and when inside the cabin, the feel is like a saloon car.Punto has two faces......???????
    Even i am confussed by their comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My wife, after going for a short drive in her cousin's brand new i20 liked it a lot. When we were planning to change our Alto, she also wanted to consider i20 which was never in my list. Neither was Punto. We went to a TATA showroom to have a look at Indica Vista or Indigo ecs which we were actually considering to buy. But then I saw the Punto at the showroom. I causally asked the sales executive what the price was. I was absolutely stunned to know the price as it actually comes in my budget. I din't have the faintest idea that I could actually afford a Punto. It looks much more expensive than we pay for. So may be people also fall like me without even trying to know if Punto will come in their budget. Now coming to the actual point wether women like Punto or not. When compared to i20, definitely not. We must agree that i20 has much sleeker look compared to Punto. Punto gives a solid look, a strong and bold design. Rigid what not for simply saying TOUGH. Women don't dig these kind of cars, whereas men do. There are certain sect of women who like SUVs and strong looking cars. I have seen only 1 girl driving a Punto so far in Hyderabad. I may also be wrong cause, when I see a Punto I hardly even notice who is driving it. Can't take your eyes of the beauty. Finally I really don't know what women want cause even they are not so sure about it. But my wife accepts now that Punto is far much better in all the aspects than i20.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Those females who drive sporty cars are very few. What you observed is correct. Fiat is right now not able to penetrate the family circle where Maruts and Hyundais play comfortably. One reason for it is the high acceptance of the Maruti and Hyundai cars with females. I don't think it is too far from circle. But may be Punto/Linea is too stylish for them to accept. Punto and Linea are beautiful cars , but they have more sportiness, elegance for their class which keep them little away from family. Here again I will avoid that small portion of girls who drive Scorpio or SUV. Fiat brand is not very new to them. even our grandmothers will be more familiar with it than Honda. Once when I went to showroom with my Friend, I took him to Punto BNW Epk. After just sitting in drivers seat he just told "wow it is just sporty, I should buy it". Imagine if his wife was there she may get confused with it. It is beautiful , but it is sport car, where do I keep the bottles. the space is too small. we are looking for family car. But this one is ..." This is just a possibility. If we ask what is the definition of family car they my not know, for them family car means some thing that doesn't stand out in a crowd, some thing is very common. Even if it looks ugly they will acceptance, but if it is too good they will not. If I show BMW and Sx4 to my mother she will like sx4. SX4 matches with the car concept in her. So I again stress here the need of a Indian specific car below Punto. the 2000+ will starts increasing once people start accepting it more and more.

@Kiran : You have almost pointed out what is there in my mind. I was afraid that whether I was communicating what is there in mind. I don't want my post to sound like anti female or anti Fiat. Truths will have two ihings in it fact and a cause(s). Fact all we know. Low sales. The reasons we have to find. This post is an attempt to it.
  7. I got lots of compliments on my Linea Tjet+ from lots of ladies (family, friends, gym etc..) so..
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Lucky guy.

No lady [in fact nobody either male or female of the specie] has yet complimented me on my Linea TJet+. :A
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes in my office one lady drive Silver Punto Epack
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    none of the female members in my family likes exterior looks of punto or linea including my wife. she says punto and linea both looks like undersized slippers worn tightly ....!!!

btw my wife likes the looks of honda jazz and vento.