1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does Indian females appreciate Punto and Linea?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

I have this question in mind for a long time. Does Indian females appreciate the beauty of Italian cars. I think that ladies are not able to appreciate the beauty of Punto(I am just telling general trend) and those few exceptions , I respect them most. Hatch means a pig with 4 wheels. That is what the concept that santro had pour in to their brains. i10 is the everest of creativity and city is the peak of it. I have noticed some of them who otherwise like to appreciate anything silly that one can't even think, has not even told a piece of appreciation after seeing the punto. At the same time they think santro,i20 and Ritz are the most beautiful think that humans created on earth. This looks silly. But this is a fact. Only way Fiat can attract them is giving offers like gold coins, or a free coupon to purchase a kanchepuram saree, like what GM has tried for spark.

"Fiat, if you haven't understood Indian female brains you are going to loose. You cannot chop the Punto for them, then all men will kick you out. You should win the heart of females from bottom. Uproot those concept of piggies from their brain, No from their heart. If you miss them in your compact cars you will miss for ever. We will forgive you if you miss some curves that we like, but we cannot bear them not able to appreciate our beauties. Trigger a feeling for Italian design by giving as much as beige and chrome they want. Let them be happy. Then only we will be happy. Don't delay, don't anticipate for anything. start as quick as possible. We are utterly getting bored with seeing edges created by lines which meet where they are not supposed to. They don't meet wherever they are supposed to meet. We want to see on Indian roads, better curves that meet with a purpose. So start from bottom. teach Indian hearts how to appreciate a curve. There is no time left"
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

AFAIK the ladies just drool over the Linea..My society ladies always compliment and talk about my car ;-) Yea when it comes to Punto the ladies have a mix view..But the punto has a sporty look and linea is a classy sedan...You cant compare their looks cuz they belong to a different segment alltogether.. I guess FIAT has done enuff styling to the punto...If ur still not satisfied then you should look at the Punto Evo :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  3. sungoa2010

They defenitely deserve a special respect as I mention in the thread.

Man, then nothing in this earth can satisfy me.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Don't understand why this question ever came up. I have seen lot of automobile savvy females and I have seen a number of Puntos and Lineas driven by women.
    2 people like this.
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

The biggest mistake you can make is to Generalize ladies.... There are chicks that loooove Linea and punto .. look wise and performance wise.
    My wife loves Linea and her approval had a significant role to play while buying my car :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

@ sungoa you should read my ownership thread :D
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I have spotted quite a few puntos driven by ladies here in Bangalore.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I appreciate ladies in big SUV's :p

I dont think we can generalise anything there. Ease of use is most important factor for 99% lady drivers.

One of those remaining 1% is a member of our forum - Fiattucine. She's the first lady i've come across having such an interest in cars. Hats off.

9. sungoa2010

Friends, I am not generalizing all ladies. My friends used to call me for test drives and I make it a point to atleast include Punto in the list and make their families to visit Tata showroom. But some how I have seen they finally end up choosing ritz, i20 and Vista. It was just an observation that I made. May be I am wrong.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I know of two girls, one who comes to office in a Scorpio, and another near my native place, who insisted on taking the DL test in a Mahindra Jeep and not in an M800. :)
    I think this has more to do with TATA-FIAT's reputation than with the looks of the car. Story would have been different if Punto were launched by Maruthi or Hyundai. There would be less or no takers for i20 and Ritz if those were launched by FIAT. I could be wrong too.