1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does changing AC blower motor of Palio stile require opening full dashboard ??!?

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by reggaerahul, Mar 26, 2013.

1. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    On a long trip to Goa few months back, the AC blower fan started making strange 'trrrr' noise. I had halted for about 3 hours and after restarting the noise was significantly reduced. Thought it must be some issue with the blower motor kept on for long time. Got it checked here in Pune at Climate on Karve Road. They only do AC work of all brands and had fixed a AC water leakage in my Palio sometime back which TASS could not fix.

I had taken the car to their workshop recently and cleaned up the AC pollen filter. There were many leaves and stuff caught in the filter. He also wind blowed the AC vents and the flow was better. But then the same AC fan motor started making the similar noise. The AC compressor was also creating a lot of ice in the bonnet. His anlysis was that the compressor is continuously kept on as the AC thermostat sensor could be gone. He put an analog one near the coil which has a knob to set the temperature and would shut the AC off when the temp goes below say 3degrees. We tested it and it was working fine and I don't have to manually turn the AC off everytime it gets super cool.

But the blower motor sound is still there and very audible on Fan 1 & 2. Not so much on 3. There is no issue with the amount of flow or the cooling. It feels like something is stuck in the blades or the motor is vibrating by something. He checked it thoroughly and said its the motor which has gone bad. He said its a full day work to open the dashboard and repalce the motor as Palios blower motors cannot be taken out like other cars..

Anyone knows if I really need to take the full dashboard off and fix it ? I am really anxious to open the dashboard as I am unsure if anyone would be able to put it back without any rattles ?
    If I have to do it then there is no option. In that case anyone knows the price of such motor ? Is it advisable to do it at Fiat ? I am unsure if they'd have the motor ready ..
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Its accessible without removing dashboard in Linea and Punto don't know about Palio.
    Why not visit a ASS and ask them if dashboard have to be removed to repair AC blower.
  3. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Thanks Vijay. I had actually gone to ASS last weekend and on my way back I decided to visit this AC shop and opened the can of worms :) . Will visit the ASS again next week..