1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does 3M paint protection void Fiat's paint warranty

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Vijairaj, Jun 30, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Teflon is completely different than 3M Paint Protection treatment. Teflon is a trademark/ brand of DuPont & is not in Tata-Fiat recommended brands.

3M Paint Protection is recommended by Tata (& hence by default Tata-Fiat) & are approved to give their service from Tata-Fiat Authorised Service stations. The billing is done by TASC. Now, when any TASC refuses to do 3M paint protection due to void of warranty on Fiat cars & still you go & do it overruling the TASC advice, then its understandable. The same are 2 cases mentioned above where they've refused. But, when you ask that you want to go for this approved treatment advocated at their TASC & still if they do not tell you that it causes warranty to void & do not refuse to do the treatment & instead they get the treatment done & give you a Tata Authorised Service Station bill, then its pretty obvious that it must not affect warranty in anywhich way. Heck, we're talking about Authorised Service Stations & not roadside garragewallahs misleading customers.
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well as Arvind stated it could be for tata cars.. the other day when i was at Bharti checked a huge banner from 3M and was doing a job on a Manza..
    To be honest i dont wanna get it done on my car as i had a bad experience on my dad's indigo yrs ago.. after dat decided to get the car waxed even 3months rather than 3m or teflon....
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Then for Fiat cars, they should be advising against it instead of giving TASC Invoice ? Its simple, TASC invoice carries Tata-Fiat JV & makes the job done legitimate. Period.
    Example? - Try asking TASC that you want to go for powerful 110/130 headlight (this will void warranty I guess) in Punto. Will they do it? Ask them to do it & give you the TASC Invoice. If they tell you that warranty will be void & they won't do it, I won't be surprised else its like saying Ajit Agarkar is an All rounder :mrgreen:
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very right... VP these are issues with a JV's especially when both brands are well known...