1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does 3M paint protection void Fiat's paint warranty

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Vijairaj, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Raamki in this post and Ravi in this post mentioned that TASS refused to do 3M paint protection citing that it will void the paint warranty. In my case the SA asked me to go for the paint protection. Anybody aware if 3M paint protection will void the warranty or not?
  2. Why don't you drop a mail for FIAT Customer Service also on this topic, hope they can give a better answer.
  3. Concorde Chennai does 3M paint protection. Infact, their customer service lounge has pamplets/posters of 3M services available at the TASS.
    If it voids warranty, why should Concorde advertise them and make money out of it ?
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    According to me it does. This is what 3M guys themselves had told me.

Will drop an email to Fiat customer service. Let's see what they say.
  5. They might be doing this for the TATA cars.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to that
  7. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Yes, I had it done on my Turbo, at the TSC. they recommended it to me..
    I'm still to get it done on my punto.

But why not go for a simple wax work every 6 months..?? no question of the warranty.

But come to think of it, the paint job on the Punto/Linea, is 100% similar to a TATA car. so why would they not use the 3m product on a FIAT??
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

How can any item carried out by an Authorised Service Station be termed as "voiding the warranty" ?
    Can't be.
    Its the duty of Authorised Service station to formally INFORM the customer for lapse of warranty beforehand. And apart from this dealership at Bangalore, have not heard any TASC refusing 3M because of warranty issue.
    Yes, if you do it from outside independent of TASC, then it might void warranty. But when you've a TASC bill for the same, how can it void warranty?
    In fact, 3M & other treatments are RECOMMENDED treatments by Tata-Fiat Authorised Service centres !! Check their websites, pamphlets in TASC etc
  9. NAREN64

Yes TAFFE(distributor for FIAT) in Coimbatore says that FIAT has advised them not to any coating & it will void the Warranty of Paint. But I am going to go for the Teflon Coating as I am geeting small scratches here & there on my car. Will do it after the Monsoon Free Checkup.

Want to know about Teflon coating

http://www.sniezka.pl/en/nnovativetechn ... surfacepr/
  10. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got the teflon coating done at Auto Sterling NOIDA. It looks nice immediately after application.

I am not too sure if it really offers any special protection to the paint in the long run.

The link provided by Naren64 appears to be concerning painting of walls. Incidentally, I am getting my house interior repainted. I am using Asian paints Royal Shyne with teflon, (only because Saif Ali Khan says it is good!). Only time will tell if it was worth the extra money spent.