1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Does 1.6 MJD bring in volumes to FIAT?

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by bharath, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Okay, i included Toyota for reason that they are missing a C2 segment car, not referring to Etios or Liva.Innova doesn't look cheap at least from list price or interiors.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    1.6 MJD may not bring much volumes to Fiat until they dont bring new suv's & muv's from Fiat & Jeep brand under 10-20 lacs.
    1.6 MJD may boost some volumes to New Linea like for initial period targeting 1000 units & afterwards target of selling 2000 units if priced competitively with more new segment first features.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For some reason, I generally refrain from posting in these threads. But, I would like to post a few smaller points:

01. FIAT needs to UNDERSTAND by now. Whenever they launch a new model, they make it tough for it to sell by not extending the discount offers on new model. That way, new model looks way too overpriced. Take the example of Linea Classic. It was priced at 5.80 lacs ex-showroom for 1.4 base model. But amazing discounts on regular Linea ensured that the Linea Classic look overpriced. Why buy a Linea Classic when you can buy Linea 1.4 Active in comparable price?

When I bought Punto in 2010, there were special offers on 75Hp models. Ex-showroom price was 6.5 lacs for 75hp and 6.8 lacs for 90HP. The 90HP had just launched and I wanted to buy it. But there were no discounts or free insurance on 90hp like it was there with 75hp. On paper the difference was just Rs30,000/- but in reality the difference went up to Rs80,000/- between 75hp and 90hp.

Solution: Either give discount on new model also or dont give "amazing discounts on existing models" when a new model is launched.

02. When will FIAT bring some new models?
    VW has launched VW Polo 1.2, 1.2TDI, 1.6, 1.6TDI, Polo Crossover already. FIAT can atleast do a bumper mod job of Punto to make it Punto Evo.
    They should try to bring new models NOW. Maybe a FIAT 500 manufactured in India with most components of FIAT 500 1.3MJD shared with Punto 1.3MJD. FIAT 500 CBU was priced at Rs14 lacs. Maybe they can price it at 7 lacs to begin with. Try to bring 1.6MJD before the start of Q2 of 2014.

They can keep as many parts identical across ranges as possible to reduce cost, and experiment with different designs to begin with.

FIAT has so many cars. FIAT Panda is an interesting car.
    4 people like this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Fiat just want to set example to other manufactures how a company can fail ,utterly.

In wonderment my head and body may explode,thinking why they could not fit a t-jet in Punto yet, at least in a dozen model for a show ? (t-jet is such a super duper reputed engine)

The right things never occur to fiat screwheads.

And who is talking about 1.6 litre here,ever imagined the price boom for 1500cc above engines the very reason why Fiat and others designed 1400cc.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Polo 1.6 is discontinued for the same reason and brought TSI