1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Do you want a Fiat Bravo..!

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by asimpleson, Jan 7, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    7 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No mention of Engine Spec. Is it 1.3 MJD 75 HP? ;)
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I don't know about engine specs., but if launched officially the price would be around 17-18 lacs ex-showroom. Mighty pricey but wonderful as well !
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a 1.9MJD IIRC and was recently sold by FIAT India at a low price of around 8 lacs (Not sure). If this isn't that same car, then its fine. Because the one sold by FIAT India was sitting at the factory waiting for its engine to be rebuilt before sale. No point buying such a vehicle that was used for research and testing, for 8-10 lacs.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You are right that Fiat imported some cars for research and testing. But there are others that have come in through the import route. Are you sure that this particular car was used for research and testing.

Yes, the engine is in most probability a 1.9MJD, the engine oil cap is an indicator that this is not our MJD.

Oh and just to be clear, this classified AD is not with a serious intent to make sale for us everyday users. If however, some enthusiast is looking for the Bravo with money no problem, this car looks good.

The main intent here is the pictures to give a feel about the car and it's looks.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes. Thats why I mentioned that I am not sure whether this is that same FIAT Bravo that was used for research and testing by FIAT India and later sold to someone who agree to buy it for 8 lacs IIRC (I am not sure about that price either). The engine was rebuilt for the customer, I was told.

EDIT- I guess that car sold by FIAT India is different. Because the one in the link below is different for sure based on number plate.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-meets/8639-tfi-visits-fiat-factory-report-member-pics-2.html

uploadfromtaptalk1355515947317.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

I that case, the car on olx surely belong/belonged to someone from FIAT India for sure.

See how close both the registration numbers of FIAT 500 (owned by FIAT India) and FIAT Bravo (on sale) are. Or is it just by chance? :ugeek:

2012-12-14 12.55.45.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That's great, it puts this car in clear in a way. Wondering if I should call up this guy on OLX and ask him some further details. What say?

Edit: That's great Yashik, it really looks like they belong to the same person, BRAVO! Do you have a photographic memory or what ? :evilsmile
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Italia-Linea can tell if the car on olx is different. I guess it would be worth sending him a PM asking for clarification. I am sending him a text as well.

Are you interested in Bravo? It sure is a head turner and the MID has much more info than ours.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well no, but it's better than posting half baked information. Anyways, those interested will find contact details in the link.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The importance of half baked information can not be over looked in this case. :)

See, its an imported car.
    It has a 1.9MJD engine
    Its part are hard to come by.

So, even if the buyer is aware about a Flamenco Red FIAT Bravo that was sold by FIAT India for around 8lacs (IIRC) after rebuilding the researched upon engine, one would be cautious before putting the amount of money equivalent of a new Linea TJET.

Edit- Finished searching all 3600 images in my whatsapp folder on phone. I dont have that pic. :)
    1 person likes this.