1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Do you agree with the Anna Hazare's methods?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by gurjinder, Aug 18, 2011.

?

Do you agree with the METHODS being employed by Anna Hazare ?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2011.
  1. Yes

39 vote(s)
    73.6%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    22.6%
  3. Not sure

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Do you agree with the methods being employed by Anna Hazare to put forward his demand for the Lokpal bill. Please note that the question only pertains to the methods being used by Anna.

It's a sincere request that please restrict your replies to yes/no on the above poll, else this thread might become too political and the original intent of the thread can easily be lost.

Thanks.

Gurjinder.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I voted no. Perhaps the only individual who became a movement that could change the nation is Gandhiji.
    What is required is a strong educated political movement that has mass participation. At present, mass participation is limited to voting at the time of election. After election the mass forgets the elected and the elected forgets the mass who voted them to power.
    I would say let Anna float an organization, contest, and win in elections and then change laws. Othervise, there is every possibility that he will be remembered for holding the parliament in ransom.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dear gurjinder ,you shouldn't have started it here.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i am not going to reply in this thread :)
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Govt. is ready to make discussion on draft made by it in Parliement.

But Anna wants discussion on draft of Lokpal bill prepared by him.
    Presently as per Constitution of India, Right of passing bill is to Parlieament members only.
    So Govt.is denying to discuss on the draft made by Anna.

If Anna wants discussion on draft of Lokpal bill prepared by him then first of all amendment in Constitution should be done.

Then discussion on draft made by Anna will be legal. So first Anna should do struggle to make amendment in Constitution.
    When amendment will be done then we (common man) will get right to participate in the process of making any Act.
    So that there will no any lacuna in the Act. Presently Parliement members are deceiving us by making Acts which has many lacuna. :devil

& because of these lacuna corrupted political leadres & personnel easily escape from the Act.

That's why we are driving C.R.K.i. ( Common Rail Kerosene Injection ) :A

Presently " Kanoon ke Haath Lambe Hai Per Kamjor Hai"
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Answered yes. Please remember no one can predict future. When MKG started his movement, most people laughed at him. This is not to say that Anna's movement is akin to Gandhiji, yet it is an important evolutionary stage in democracy which is being held to ransom by politicians by raising the bogey that Parliament is supreme. No doubt parliament is supreme, but it is "we the people" who have given to ourselves a constitution that will be upheld by the parliament. I also agree with Anna that this movement is for "change in the system" and Lokpal bill is the first step in that direction.

Our country is still run by a civil administration system handed down to us by British for keeping a tight leash over the natives. The civil administration system today is doing exactly that, keeping a tight leash on the native.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    We all are struggling to discuss both drafts of Lokpal Bill in Parliement. Because draft of Govt.is useless.
    But Govt. is not ready to do discussion on draft of Anna.
    Govt. says it is ready only to discuss on bill made by itself.

I fully agree that "we the people" cocenpt told by you.

But Parliement members those who are elected by us they are misusing their powers by making loose Acts. So now it is time to participate in the process of making Act.

and strong Acts will be there if Indian citizen will get this participation Right.
    For getting this participation Right first amendment in Constitution is necessary.

Democracy meaning as per Abraham Linkan is "Democracy is of the people for the people & by the people ".

Today in our country
    Democracy is of the politcal leaders,by the political leadres & by the political leaders.

That's why insane level corruption is there.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    True colors of the political spectrum of indian polity has been revealed by HM .it is time for the people to ponder over whether to vote, these type of rotten elements of the political class to rule the country. it is time for massive constitutional reforms to safeguard the intrests of people of india.

"Good government is no substitute for self-government."
    "For me every ruler is alien that defies public opinion."-Mahatma Gandhi.
  9. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    I voted yes. Guys, one thing which was proven by Anna is that you can get the govt on its knees by "non-violence". And other very important thing "Yeh public sab jaanti hai". This kind of support was not given to Ramdev for the simple reason that everyone knew that he is having vested interests but people came out in support of Anna Hazare. Great work done by him. Atleast we now know the power of "Non-violence".
  10. I voted Yes
    Agreed with the points mentioned in the above posts - MY feelings / reasons are:
    1. Anna Hazare to become MP & bring a law - it appears Utopian. Even in that case, it will be much easier for the rest of Parliament to vote against the Bill
    2. For him to be supported there, WE, the people should be sending only 'educated' MPs
    3. To do that, first, we should educate ourselves & the mass to not rely on Freebies for identifying the actual respresentatives of the People.

All this is going to need more time & it's already late!!