1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Do new Punto Cars come with Teflon coating (Color Protection)

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by yen_susheel, Jul 16, 2014.

1. yen_susheel

yen_susheel Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

Can anyone has idea whether new Punto cars come with Teflon coating (Color protection). I am to take delivery on 27th this month. I checked with the sales person that I want to go for this color protection but the salesperson told me that before final delivery of the car 2 coatings will be done. I am wondering if all the Fiat cars will come with this color protection.
  2. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Teflon coating is a hoax.
    2 people like this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't get confused with these teflon coating stuffs. And don't spend money on these items.
    3 people like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    is Teflon Coating necessary for car? - Page 4 | Maintain Your Car | Car Forums - CarWale

^^This advice in link is the best I found, by Car_Crazy@Carwale forum. Will quote so that text remains in case link stops working later.

1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Why would Fiat provide teflon coating as standard factory shipped? It is generally the dealer's attempt to sell the gimmick. Better not to fall for such tricks. If you want the paint protection, drop by any 3M shop and opt for the Paint protection service.
    2 people like this.
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Better yet, get in touch with Ultimate Detailerz since you are in Bangalore. Mohsin is a great guy and you'll get a much better service than 3M.