1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY'ing on Oem HU (strictly for/with proffessionals in electronics)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jayadev, Aug 11, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I repeat there is no magic .Sound of polk audio in open i.e with doors wide open is excellent and clear but when the doors are closed it sounds muffled and from below kind. For me i have installed front firing speakers on dash board inside the quarter glass area which brought the sound stage perfectly spot on to ears. though there is a need for little bit of balancing because i am sitting off centre on drivers seat.i have discarded the rear speaker. only issue is the subwoofer which still sounds from back of head with bit of delay a having a dsp with time alignment could have brought it upto front level yet i am managing with it.

When we all say"hearing is believing " then it should be the truth in your case.
  2. I agree there Jayadev.

Without the option of sound staging, the best option is the have speakers placed higher up and facing the occupants. With the limited controls of Fader and Balance, which I have in my OHC, that is the best thing to do.
    Earlier when I used to see guys going 'dhink chick dhink chik brrrrrr' :p in their cars I felt so jealous. When we tuned the DSP I stepped out of the car and wanted to listen how it sounded on the outside with the windows rolled down. It sounded so plain and bland as if someone has installed a crappy setup. Step inside and one goes woooooo.. thats noice.
    Thats when I realised what exactly sound staging and Time Delay can do. It just changes everything as it gives sound a focal point rather than sound being spread across. The more you move outside the area the worse it gets.