1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Paint touch-up using COM Paint/Any paint Spray can

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by DRIV3R, May 12, 2013.

1. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Well dropping her at service station is absolutely fine but what I was thinking is like you said buying and keeping it stock will help for getting done the smaller things. Check mate if at all you are planning to drop in @ sai service station kindly ask for the Oem shade. If they are selling it then I'll definitely buy it from then.
  2. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Sure, I'll be in Salem next weekend and I'll check it out.

kishorekrs likes this.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Thanks a lot buddy..
  4. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @kishorekrs Hey mate - I've got the touch-up paint from True Sai. Both the base white paint and the pear white paint in 2 small bottles. They are complimentary from True Sai, so you don't have to pay :). I have sent you a PM for my coordinates.

True Sai directly buys the paint from Glasurit (from the re-sellers) using the paint codes. They took me to the "Engine Room" in the service center to show how the paints are mixed up and kept "warm". I forgot to take the picture of the set-up.

BTW, I didn't know that Fiat uses Glasurit paints. No wonder the black paint on my T-JET is just brilliant. Glasurit makes top notch paints (one of the best in the world) and are used by all major luxury automakers.
    naruf1 and kishorekrs like this.
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @maheshvpy That's great to hear mate. Well well..my bro uses tata bolt. Its the fiery red shade. The color match between them is clearly evident. No wonder why fiats shade is much superior in quality.

Thanks once again buddy for the assistance. Will pm you back..:)
  6. Amar D Tiwari

Amar D Tiwari Timido

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Whats the total kit cost
  7. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Hello guys,I got a small scratch on the front bumper of my Linea while parking.As the service centre is 500 km away I thinking to paint it by own. However in com paint there is no option for magnesio grey colour. Is medium grey same as magnesio grey?
  8. ArunR

ArunR Timido

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My car got scrapped against a metal divider (barricade usually used by cops for stops during the night) and that left a yellow scar on my left rear body with some minor black scratches and lines. As per my friends suggestion, scrubbed the surface with tooth paste and the yellow paint seems to have gone along with the lines. However, it looks like the place where I scrubbed has changed in color, lost the metallic glossy finish and its very visible now.

Now that I realize my mistake, ss there anyway to get this back to normal body color? I checked with 3M and they suggested I go for paint sealant treatment (full body) which costs 6K INR. Is there a better/cheaper alternative here? as I dont want to go for the full body paint sealant protection.
  9. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ArunR You should have used rubbing compound that time. Anyway, if the paint is damaged by abrasive material like toothpaste then neither 3M nor COM kit is going to give you any relief. I have used the COM spray kit in the past, but I do see the paint difference near the patch. I will suggest instead of 6K, better get the whole part repainted at some local mechanic