1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Paint touch-up using COM Paint/Any paint Spray can

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by DRIV3R, May 12, 2013.

1. uday

uday Timido

Pune
    I agree with Devender...Yesterday tried my hand with Tuscan Wine & the shade doesn't match...I had painted the front bumper with proper masking...After removing the masking, the shade difference was prominently visible...Thanks to the finishing solvent spray (which was a part of the kit - which I think is nothing but thinner), I could take off the complete paint...But as I had already applied the com fill tube to fill in the scratches (Off white in colour), it was looking very bad..so finally kept only the portion with com-fill paste of the bumper coloured with Com paint.... Total disappointment from Com Paint ...:dead:

If you guys could find a proper shade match for Tuscan Wine, please post it on this thread...
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    The best option, as I've found, is to visit a local paint shop and get the paint matched to the portion where you will be doing the touch-up. Use a small brush to do the touch-up; ensuring you touch-up only the precise area where the paint has come off and not the whole wide region to cover the damage.
    Be sure to get the paint diluted to 'spray' consistency; it'll take a hell lot of time to dry otherwise.
  3. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello folks..My Evo just few weeks before on front bumper on right deep bottom, paint got scraped badly. Its deep enough as the black mark is quiet visible. It is all because of our super unscientific pavements what our Bangalore has. Though I was cautious while parking part of the left hand side got scrapped to the pavement which was as tall as castle wall!! :sour:

After coming across this post I was happy enough to witness the testimony of this product. So in order to get going browsed internet & called up the com-paint dealer in Bangalore. To my horror it seems that the company has stopped manufacturing the Pearl White for Fiat!! :woot:

I tried calling Mr. Saurav Gaur of Com-paint and happen to speak with him about the issue. He advised to drop a mail & said he will look into the matter further more but unfortunately very next day I got a mail from them telling about the above statement, as they aren't manufacturing it anymore. Well my question is to those of you who have used it & satisfied with the above product, will the Pearl White of TATA car goes well with our shade? If so I was just planning to go ahead with Safari Storme shade where IMO matches with Evo shade closely. What you guys think? Kindly drop in some suggestions please..:shifty:
  4. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I have a black Linea and it had a very very small scratch on one of the doors (caused by someone when my car was parked). It was very small and did not warrant painting or even a paid touch-up service. I wanted to get it touched-up anyways on an otherwise spotless car. Fiat service did it free for me during one of the scheduled services. I also took small amount of paint (about 100 ml) in a bottle from them to keep it with me in case I needed in future. Fiat service was happy to provide it to me. I also remember them saying that I could buy the OEM paint from them in a standard size bottle/can if I wanted to. You can try that out by reaching out to the Fiat service center / body shop close by you.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  5. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello mate. I did try at service centre first. They spoilt it by applying a normal white shade. Did fight them for spoiling the job. Later on he confessed telling pearl white shade isn't available on paint shop due to which he applied the normal white. Anyways as far as Oem is concerned he didn't tel any whereabouts of that. He gave a stupid idea of changing the entire bumper color for a damage of an inch paint
  6. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Oh man! That's totally unacceptable. Sorry to hear that I can totally understand how it feels. Which Fiat ASS is this? It is a bit of concern if Fiat service center does not have OEM paint. No harm in checking with other service centers. If you want I can check with True Sai Service in Salem, TN.
    kishorekrs likes this.
  7. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    It is Vecto motors in Bangalore buddy. It wil be very kind of for assisting in this regard. Anyways I will do one thing. As you suggested I'll check with other service centres in bangalore. If they don't serve the purpose I'll pm you. Kindly do me a favour please.. :)
  8. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  9. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I called up kht FASS to check about it. They said they can't sell the Oem paint but if I drop in vehicle they can get done the minor job itseems!!
  10. maheshvpy

maheshvpy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Yeah, it should be a minor job. You can drop by and check the paint in person and then proceed with the job. They are very cooperative and don't mind the customers hanging around while the service is being done to take pictures, etc if required. BTW, the buying option was provided by True Sai Fiat Service, Salem, TN. The service centers too need to buy the parts by paying up-front so it seems its their wish to sell or not.