1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Paint touch-up using COM Paint/Any paint Spray can

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by DRIV3R, May 12, 2013.

1. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    I own New Pearl White 1.3 MJD Punto purchased on October 2013. In the last 3 months there are some minor scratches which is quite natural seeing the kind of Delhi traffic & how people drive specially bikers! I have purchased Bossa Nova White value pack from com paint (Aeroids Corporation) as discussed above. The product is delivered to me. I am scared will BNW (which is a solid color, I suppose) do with my New Pearl White Punto? Guys, please encourage/discourage me. The scratches on my car are of minor nature in general & can be ignored.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Post a pic of the damage, we can assess if it really warrants a touch up job.

And never touch up Pearl White with Bossa Nova White. It is going to look uglier.

In most cases, a good rubbing and polishing will remove the scratches unless they have penetrated all the way to the base/primer coat.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Tried this as I had lots of free time to spare and a free can of silver paint (courtesy chethansgangoor). Though my friends tell me that its come out well for a DIY, personally, I'm not satisfied with the finishing. :(

3 people like this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

A word of caution to guys who are trying this.

COM Paint's shades are very inconsistent. A friend and fellow TFIan had ordered BNW, and it was found that the shade is a total mismatch. So exercise caution before you spray it on the car, try it on a waste paper.

Another aspect I would like to point out, the pics I have posted is when the car is clean, and hence you cannot make out the difference in finish. I had overlooked the polishing part at a few places and it does show up when the car is dirty. The dirt sticks to the unpolished rough surface and the difference in finish is visible. I have to polish it better, to obtain the gloss finish overall.
  5. pranjandas

pranjandas Timido

New Delhi
    A Word of Caution for New Pearl White 2013 models (Mine is Aug 2013 make Punto 1.3 MJD Active): DONT try to tough up with BNW supplied by Com paint. The shades simply DONT match. I tried & failed utterly. Somehow, thankfully, rolled back what I did restored the original. Be careful!
  6. angdroid

angdroid Timido

Just wondering, if this touch up paint will match. Any idea on the paint code for New Pearl White ?

Amazon.com: Genuine Fiat Fluid 5163770AA Pearl White Tri Coat (Bianco Perla) Touch-Up Paint Pen - 0.5 oz.: Automotive
  7. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3

I just got some time this weekend , my ebay id was blocked so unable to get the formula 1 scratch out liquid as you suggested. I tried with below MotoMax 2K rubbing compound (got it from reliance auto zone) followed by carnuba gel wax , the scratches are not visible when u see from distance but visible on a closer look.
  8. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

May i have his services for my vehicle.i have few areas to be worked upon in my 2 year old vehicle such as rear view mirror holders, rear bumper, left doors. I do not trust FASS body shop anymore
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Will try this on my cars wheels caps.
  10. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice description... i liked that bowl. so shiny and rich design. took me a second to figure it out though. The explanantion is spot on.....thanks