1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Paint touch-up using COM Paint/Any paint Spray can

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by DRIV3R, May 12, 2013.

1. PathFindeR

PathFindeR Novizio

Bengaluru
    DRIV3R Thanks a lot for the info..

I need couple of bottles I believe. My weekend mission.:cool:
    1 person likes this.
  2. Very well done..It looks like that there was no scratch/dent at all. Very useful information. I own a hiphop black punto and have a small dent close to the rear wheel.
    Thanks to BBMP : Garbage cleaner trolly touched my parked car.
    The dent is slightly deep..and I fear it will start rust if i do not attend it soon.

Has any one tried this pen. <http: www.com-paint.com="" cpage.aspx?mpgid="13&pgid=64">. They do not have a spray paint kit for black colour..this pen would be helpful for scratches for touch up.</http:>

I do not know how to add a link..it is on the www-dot-com-paint-dot-com site.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I have bought the pen too but have not tried it yet because of the humid weather and rains, I will update with before and after pics once I do that, have few deep scratches to cover up. :)
  4. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice DIY section today just got relieved on seeing ur DIY. one guy..... scratched my punto with his tvs 50 ... was really upset ,,I did the waxing those scratches are not visible for now . Do this still require a paint job ?

do i get these items in ebay ?
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Please post a pic of the damage and we will let you know. You can buy these directly from COM-Paint website. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks DRIV3R will post it soon
  7. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    DRI3R here are the pics its less visible as I rubbed it with the wax polish

scratch.jpg IMAG0220.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The scratches do not seem deep. A good rubbing polish and some waxing would cover it up.

If you would like to try a hand on rubbing, I would suggest Formula 1 scratch out liquid first. It is very mild rubbing compound and is perfect for trying out the first time. Apply some with a microfiber cloth and buff it nicely, followed by a coating of wax. If the scratch is still visible, then you need to use a more aggressive rubbing compound like 3M. Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  9. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for your suggestion will get the scratch out liquid.

For Waxing I do have a carnauba product. any feedback on this ? The images where after applying this .

IMAG0222.jpg

As you said i have to go for Formula 1 scratch out liquid and then waxing.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, just waxing would do nothing. :)

It would just mask the scratch temporarily and superficially. Use a rubbing compound followed by wax.
    1 person likes this.