1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Paint touch-up using COM Paint/Any paint Spray can

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by DRIV3R, May 12, 2013.

1. Wow That was a great DIY, inspired me to get the touch up done for my Car. I am gonna get Exotic Red Com paint.
    1 person likes this.
  2. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Great Work! Definitely it will help many users for DIY.
  3. I have ordered for a Exotic Red Value pack.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I too ordered Tuscan wine value pack but now i got sms as out of stock.
  5. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Most of the colors are available with com paint,due to some of the technical issues they are not able to upload the available color shades.I have got mine hip hop black yesterday.pls write a mail to them (mail I'd is on website sales@....) Or talk with rohit/Saurav at +911147374737.
    3 people like this.
  6. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

@DRIV3R Great to see such kind of DIY activities from yourself without taking to any service centres.Congrats FIATian
    1 person likes this.
  7. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

This thread has given enough confidence on small paint touch ups. Looks like this thread has created enough buzz that the website is ran out of stock for TW color.....!!!!

BTW is there any DIY method for removing small dents ( I guess, I am dreaming big....)?
    1 person likes this.
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Of course. The new value pack from COM-Paint contains a body filler too. This is to be applied over the small dent with an applicator and leveled with the surface and let to dry, after which the painting is done. Unfortunately I do not have the new value pack with me, I am going to order one soon. :)
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Myself and Ramjn tried this a while back and failed miserably. So didn't want to take any more chances and got the entire bumper re-painted, however mine was a bit bigger. I've some more smaller one's now and may be should try it - I'm quickly searching for DRIV3R's home address ;)
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

A word of caution guys. Those of you who own metallic colored Fiats in particular. (Any color except BNW, HHB, ER)

I tried the same DIY with the 75HP which is Minimal Grey in color and failed quite a bit. It is very difficult to match the shade, because, just one second of more spray and you have a thicker shade and more metallic particles on the surface. So, stay away and use this only when absolutely necessary to say, stop some rusting or whatever.

Mistakes I did.

1) Sprayed a generous quantity going by the BNW touch-up experience
    2) Spraying a clear lacquer coat over and mess it up even more

Hope this helps.