1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Need ideas for cutting really small stickers/logos

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by PaddleShifter, Aug 21, 2012.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi TFIans,

I need a small help wrt to cutting of really small stickers and logos.

The pre June 2010 FIAT Punto/Linea came with Blaupunkt Head Unit and since then (June 2010 onwards), our cars come with Bosch and more recently, Delphi head units.

I wish to make this small sticker of Blaupunkt that I can stick on to the head unit just like the one that used to come by default in cars with Blaupunkt logo. (Yes! I have this habit of paying attention to such small things. :D )

The problem is that I am not sure if such small stickers can be cut by those guys at computerized car graphics shops etc. from whom we get our number plates and other body graphics done.

Can anyone provide some idea how can such small sticker be made with quality? I don't think hand cutting will give good quality.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Yes they can do it...
    Most of these body graphics are done on a 'plotter' with needle point precision so its only a matter of pulling the excess sheet from the prints to reveal the design.
    Its very much possible..
    When i got my abarth stickers done , the 'claws' were too small roughly 2-3mm long and it came out perfectly fine.
    2 people like this.
  3. sushilbiddu

They can do it easily because its not them who is cutting sticker, its machine which cuts very finely.