1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY mini F1 car: The Go-Kart Project

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by XLR8er, Dec 17, 2013.

1. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Secondary transmission can be easily modified.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    All will be clear when Sidd and his team Starts working the manufacturing part of the project. And I am working on a turbocharger( might sound weird for a Go-Kart). However, what's the harm to storm some ideas eh! :p

The Road is My DRUG.!
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    If you don't mind me asking, what's your budget? A turbocharger for a 50-100cc engine would be ridiculous. Even if you buy a bigger capacity engine, the cost and headache involved in integrating a turbocharger into the engine system is just not worth it. If you need that kinda power simply buy a 500-600cc bike engine. That'll provide more than enough power.
    Since this is your first project, I would suggest you keep it simple. You can always add improvements in the subsequent iterations based on the knowledge you'll gain from this build.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    6 people like this.
  4. Hi guys I would suggest that u can try with TVS excel or heavy duty engine which is having chain drive in secondary which might help your project

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  5. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    the thing is we are very very tight on budget so we are trying our hands on engines which would cost less, btw my other friend is going to visit a scrap yard, let's see what he could fine

off topic but XLR now you should change from 'fiat enthusiast to punto 90HP sport'
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Hunt for a engine which has high torque at low rpm like the legendary two stroke suzuki shogun engine. The gearbox should be as simple as possible.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Sorry bro spare that time for something else.
  7. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was just kidding around :D .
    However, engine hunt is depend on Sidd and his Buddy.

The Road is My DRUG.!