1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY mini F1 car: The Go-Kart Project

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by XLR8er, Dec 17, 2013.

1. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello folks,
    Everybody wants to drive Formula 1 car someday. We AutoGeeks fulfill that dream by getting with Go-Karts. :)
    This is a project My buddies and I are working on.(me the design and consulting only as the other guys are far away in Delhi). Yesterday I just showed this to Kedar and he suggested that I should post it here at TFI and that way I can discuss the process with you all.
    This is just the 1st version of chassis that I designed and we will work on it more. So here it goes.

evaru6a7.jpg
    The Top view of the chassis.

aze4erem.jpg
    Side view of the Kart.

2u6ehazy.jpg

utypaseb.jpg

P.S. : I request Admins to kindly move this thread to appropriate section if this is not it.

Sent From Canvas 4 using Tapatalk
    6 people like this.
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Nice! :)
    I had plans of doing something similar, my own Kart or ATV! :) I intended on using my mother's unused Bajaj Sunny as the donor vehicle. But, the plans never left the drawing board. ;)
    I'll keep an eye on this thread, maybe it'll inspire me to kick-start my project again. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If you need any help from me let me know. Fortunately the award winning GO kart from COEP Pune which went across the globe was designed by team in which my neighbor was involved.

All the best for your project.

Also one more thing, before starting the project get conversant with the design rules and regulations of the ARAI and govt for GO-kart. This will help you to introduce your go kart in competitions.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I was expecting Italia's reply on this thread and yes it is there.

XLR8er you get more inputs from Italia and if you want to talk to him let me know. :up
  5. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    i thought it was a new thread i discovered on TFI about go kart which would help us but it turned out as a surprise for me XLR
    1 person likes this.
  6. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I apologize for the late reply guys. Taptalk said the thread posting has some error. So I was waiting for more progress. And then create that thread.

I don't have mechanical engineering background. I am IT guy so really need your inputs. The guys who are gonna work on the Kart are in Delhi (That includes our TFIan Sidd). We are just helping them and giving guidelines.

Will update soon. I am thinking of some modifications in the chassis and some components too.

Thanks again. Cheers! :)

The Road is My DRUG.!
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  7. You can get engine from china.
  8. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    We are thinking of getting an engine from sunny or a bajaj Spirit.

The Road is My DRUG.!
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    A sunny/spirit engine would leave the kart grossly underpowered. Try a Kinetic Honda engine, or if you don't mind having a 4 stroke power your kart, Activa engines should be easily available in scrapyards.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  10. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That's a good information.
    I think Activa comes with an automatic tranny right? However we need a chain to provide power to the Axel (i.e., wheels). Not the Belt.

The Road is My DRUG.!