1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Nah, I better keep my hands on steering. Who wants to type around while driving. Voice recognition system is there for speech to text conversions :)
  2. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vinay and members,

Vinay, Super writeup on this activity. I have been looking up for similar setup since 2002 for my Palio. Looks like my Punto wil get the chance to sport this setup.
    My question is will the same BT ELM 327 dongle work on the Punto Multijet? any info on that?
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes - OBDII complaint V1.4 and above work good for fiat cars
  4. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you are the MAN. People like you should be working at NASA. Hope fiat recruits people like you to head fiat india. Then sit back and watch fiat selling 10000+ vehicles every month. :up
  5. Hmm you have a point. Go ahead, I am waiting for the final outcome. Tomorrow hopefully I shall see my 90 for the first time and a week later I want to try out the OBD stuff. Do we have the dongle available locally or do I need to import one from the UK. Keep up the good work.
  6. @viny
    Thats a great idea.. :wow :wow :wow :clap
    Got what I was waiting for all these days :dancing :dance :clapping :clap :drinks
    My bad I did not see this thing till now... :A :oops: :confused :roll: :shocked
    can you tell me the total cost involved??
    and also if i can put up the pad onto the windshield or somewhere within my visibility in my punto.
    I like the idea but want to use it mostly during the day..
    Cant we use suction cups to hold the device in place...
    and then there we dont have to use the reflection on the windshield also.
    That would be a great idea..
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

@srikaratluri: It doesnt cost much to get started with, if you have an android phone or iphone then all you need to is a OBDII Scanner, which is available between 25-40$ on ebay. To start with you can use free version of Torque and if you like it you can purchase the pro version for 250rs from market. :)
  8. Thanks viny.
    can i get a bluetooth enabled android pad and use suction cups onto the front windshield instead of reflection...
    It would be better I guess
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Sri: Yes you can use andorid pad or phone and mount it on windshield using phone mounts/ pad mounts/ GPS mounts that are abudantly available on ebay and in local market too.
  10. thanks for the info viny...
    Any such software available for n8?