1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Most of the android pads should be technically able to provide calling facility along with bluetooth support. It could work as a good alternative to Blue and Me :) with 1000s of extra gizmos...How about ability to have a video chat with fellow buddy driving the car with similar setup on a long drive or a group meets ;) The group leader can pass on navigation information to all the members driving or ladies can have chit chats ::O with passenger in fellow car.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ya sometimes i too feel that i am clinging too much to the oem hu and blue and me which are too much buggy and i hardly use them often. i love music and would prefer a good hu+ nav/ carputer.
    i might go the carputer way with touch screen / andriod tablet. many things running through my mind and you have fueled them more :)
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Had I figured out a right place to mount a screen in Linea, you would have seen a DIY :p
    Dont want to tinker the original equipments, will just bypass them neatly to avoid any fuss with warranty.

And hands on HUD was one way to over come Screen Location and mounting issues.
    And blaupunt tha 555 pnp does has Aux In pins too to take input from Car PC too
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Updates

[attachment=2:32pmb8zy]gps.jpg[/attachment:32pmb8zy]

[attachment=1:32pmb8zy]1.jpg[/attachment:32pmb8zy]

[attachment=0:32pmb8zy]2.jpg[/attachment:32pmb8zy]

Sorry for bad quality of pics, my mobile doesnt seem to have image stabilization.

gps.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's nice Viny..getting a cockpit kind of feel..I never thought you would be getting such an effect. Viny one small query..Won't you get distracted by the brightness of this when you are riding on maybe an isolated area which is not well lit ? Why I am telling is we may be a bit eager to know the readings. Please share your experience.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Cinju: I can adjust the brightness by adjusting the brightness of the projecting 7"inch pad :D, furthermore if its troubling me, i can switch of screen with just one key press, or i can relocate it, it doesnt have wires you see :p all it needs it just few vacuum cups :D
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Android based devices to power info entertainment in SAAB Cars. Just like what I have been trying to do with my Android Device. Only thing is that SAAB Guys have not reached upto my state of HUD ::V

saab-iqon.jpg

saab-iqon-3.jpg

Source: http://www.gizmag.com/android-based-saa ... re/131222/
  8. If wishes were horses, I need a projected key board for inputs as well ;-).

Android / meego is fast catching up in in vehicle infotainment systems. Advantage meego is QT. Have you tried any frontends used for a Carputer? I need your expert guidance on placing a 7' screen without drilling holes etc in my 90.
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

I think you never saw this fella

virtualkeyboard.jpg

If you can figure our screen placement location do let me know :D ::V
    1 person likes this.
  10. I did, I expect it to be present in your setup ;-)