1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Viny, Thanks for your reply. Do you mean just projecting the image from the phone to the windscreen? I use a Note 3. Will it suffice?

Also any idea of a good bluetooth obd scanner that works with the Tjet?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Just read the first page of this thread, you will have your answers :)
  3. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Hello friends,
    Had bought gadget hero elm Bluetooth obd scanner last week from amazon for Rs808.
    Yes, its true, the accompanying CD contained softwares for both PC and smartphone. And torque pro app is working fine.
    I could connect the device to the ecu and phone and read the data. But whenever I connect, the whole instrument panel freezes. No speedo, fuel, tacho, temp, not even the outside temp is shown. The indicator and park light also don't work.

1.Is this something normal?
    2.How to set the vehicle profile for linea in torque pro?
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

My first guess would be a faulty ELM causing the onboard devices go crazy.
    Try to replicate the issue with some other friends ELM
    mohdshea likes this.
  5. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you vinyl. Actually I am not sure what happened, but every thing is alright now. Its working flawlessly.
    In torque app there is a reading of egr some value. If there is any fault in EGR system can we get some meaningful data from this?
    My car is having severe pick up problem and the sc had already changed mas sensor, boost pressure sensor and EGR solenoid on different occasions and still the problem persists. I know this is not an uncommon issue. Anyway finally they want whole EGR to be replaced at a cost of 11k. After a lot of pestering they agreed to change under good will.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @mohdshea glad to know your car is working well. EGR cleaning is possible and not expensive job. If you combine that with intercooler and manifold cleaning the cost could be more. More labour intensive. No parts involved I guess.
    mohdshea likes this.
  7. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    My dear @asimpleson
    Thank you and yes my precious is still in good shape considering its age. You are the one who gave the most support when I needed it most.
    EGR cleaning and so and so done already twice. Moreover 8month back during the engine overhaul its cleaned thoroughly.
    Anyway egr changed today, let me see if the problem creeps in again.
  8. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @mohdshea
    Even I had the similar issue with ELM327 bought from ebay. (see posts #216 & 218)
    Did your adopter resurface the same issue anytime again.
    How did it work fine all of a sudden.

My adopter works on its own will, sometimes either it stops working and most of the time it results in instrument panel acting weirdly.
    And also doubt if leaving it connected will drain the battery.
    Can you state the default protocol value shown in the app when connected successfully.

Got some issue with pickup of my GP, so want to try again with my ELM327.
  9. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well...I crush that r04 resistor , now its not reading any data :banghead:
    Have to order new one now :(
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

Visit some local audio video repair shop, he might be able fix / replace that broken resistor.