1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Sanjeev Ashok

Sanjeev Ashok Novizio

Coimbatore
    Linea Classic
    Great ;)
  2. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Currently, on ebay.in, there are a variety of scanners available. There are mini ELM 327 scanners available from around 600 onwards. Some claim to send free torque software with the product. Has anyone bought any scanner from ebay with success recently. If so can you please update the product & seller name?
  3. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Got the ELM327 OBD2 scanner for 599 on ebay. I have no idea baout opening the fuse box so once I get time, I would see if it works. BTW, it did come with the free Torque full version
  4. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    Is this the full version or trial version?
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Its a full version
  6. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got an ELM 327 Mini OBDII adopter.( GP MJD EMOTION 2014)
    Observations.

1) I was unable to insert the adopter in to the OBD socket with ease ( it only fits in one direction). Struggled and at last it was a tight fit
    2) Did Not show any leds on it , i have to press it little hard to get them glow (first red and blinking green when connecting) and finally it got detected by my phone.
    3) When i switched on to MAR, many warning msgs got displayed....ABS, Fuel meter fluctuating and settling down to empty, both air bags..etc...At a moment it showed me CAN error on the Head unit display.

Removed ,every thing back to normal.

Can some one using ELM327 mini ,kindly share their thoughts.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Maddy79: I have read somewhere on other forums this happens when either the connector is sorted or device has manufacturing issues. I will try to dig out, else google it, you might get some response.
  8. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Viny:
    Its behavior is very unpredictable, it works fine for a moment and when I turn off the engine & do a second try,it brings back errors on MID.
    If i reposition/move the adopter a little ,errors go off sometimes and come back in no time.
    In some iterations, when I locked the doors and tried to unlock it,central locking wouldn't respond. Had to unlock manually.
    I tried to change the protocol and every time it scans and sets back to default value ISO 14230-4 (fast init,10.4k baud)

Did a lot of trial n error method but no luck.
    In order to blame the adopter to be faulty, it shouldn't connect at any time.But thats not the case every time.

Got a ~600km night drive today , so tried it many ways such that it wouldn't fail in middle of nowhere
    Dont think I could send it back to the seller, as return shipping would be more than 50% of the deal.

BTW i tried it with fun2drive and Torque pro apps.
  9. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @johy: Your mobile is capable of doing all this, no need to by a dedicated device.
    Dont go by the projection image shown, it would not be clear and on top of that it would be very hard to see during day time unless you apply specific film on glass for proper hud projection.
    johy likes this.