1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rajan, it's high time you should create a thread on OBD II scanners with pictorial guidance on removing those resistors. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Look forward to hear from your experiences :)
    Can you share more details on same.
    Noise immunity is archived by differential impedance of the bus at a low level with low-value resistors (120 ohms) at each end of the bus. Thus can you tell me how removing the resistor will ensure it works on system using canbus?
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The OBD connector which I got also did not work with my car and after crushing that resistor it works just perfect.

Courtesy:- Patchyboy. :)
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Not sure what extra resistor is there on the chinese circuits, as i have not seen them, hence taking Patchyboys inputs :)
  5. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @krismask, it should be the one that is marked. Before attempting I strongly urge you to go through the forum in multiecuscan website. Almost all the ELM devices are covered in that and you will surely find the exact image of yours and the resistor to be removed marked clearly.

vgate.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  7. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
  8. sunish

sunish Timido

Calicut
    I ordered from ebay India and got it workig today with Alfa OBD, but would like to clarify whether other software including torque will work if resistor is removed//
  9. akarparekh

akarparekh Timido

Mumbai
    Hi Guys,
    I recently purchased an OBD II ELM327 WIFI scanner from Amazon. I am trying to connect my fiat linea emotpk 1370 cc petrol purchased in 2009..... My pc and iphone both are able to connect to the WIFI but it just wont connect to ECU... Sharing a screenshot of the two application i tried...

I connected to my Chevrolet Spark, it works perfect......

Any suggestions

OBD connection error 2.jpg

OBD connection error.jpg
  10. navinpunchiri

navinpunchiri Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have bought elm 327 thru ebay.I am able to pair with my bluetooth but i am getting "connection to ecu" say sno..rest everything i am getting a tick mark except for this.