1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Tested the car with Multiecuscan (fiat ecu scan) worked amazingly well the problem is using the laptop while driving is unsafe and inconvenient
  2. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Finally some break through Mr.Surya a fellow tfian has found out about an app on google play called "fun2drive" which works with our MJDs. The UI is Way better than the crappy AlfaOBD UI. Also in the user reviews a person said that it worked with Swift VDi so it should work with our diesel puntos and lineas. I have downloaded the app will confirm if it is working with my MJD later in the day :)
    f2d.PNG
    1 person likes this.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    @fernandeskaran,

thanks for the info. Seems that fun2drive is from BOSCH. Should be a reliable app.

Bad that my Android device is refusing to work since this morning :(
  4. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Update: it doesnt work :(

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Thanks for pointing me to this thread Viny.

However, when I tried to do this in my Linea, Torque pro says "Adapter cannot communicate with ECU". It has paired with my tab alright - what could be the problem?
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    1. Can you try other softwares too
    2. Please check if any other services is not using the bluetooth paring for some other function.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    I tried with Car Gauge Lite - same problem.

I tried the OBD adapter on my colleague's i10 yesterday & it worked like a charm. Looks like my OBD port has gone kaput? :confused:
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Can be easily tested at service center, ask them to connect the diaognistic tool and check for errors.
    Chances of OBD port not working is very negligible, improper connection could be one reason, where by although its getting power in, but all the connectors are not well connected to communication started.
    1 person likes this.
  9. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    got my Punto 1.3 MJD today. Connected my Ultragauge to the setup (had to spent some time to figure out how to reach to fuse box) and it worked like a charm.

waiting to see how it goes.

George V
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Lemme pitch in and guess. You have a Chinese OBD II scanner. There is a resistor between CAN high and CAN low on these Chinese clones, that needs to be removed. It would work on non CANBUS cars fine.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.