1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Hey Guys,
    I have a 2009 Linea MJD, A few months back i purchased the OBD 2 ELM327 Super mini V1.5 bluetooth scanner . I tried connecting torque ( both Lite and pro) via bluetooth on several occasions but it never connected to the ECU. to check the connector i tired it on two other cars :2009 Honda city and a 2011 toyota etios ( both were petrols) and both times it worked like a charm. when i read through this particular forum i saw that some people have been able to connect their "MJD" FIATS to Torque. Can ull please tell me if i am missing on something?
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Take a look at Aniket's post further up this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/1729-diy-linea-punto-head-up-display-hud-18.html#post152395

I have a 2009 Petrol Linea and have not been able to get it to work with Torque too. Give AlfaOBD a try. I downloaded but have not tried it out.
  3. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

So many have successfully using this OBD2 Bluetooth module in their cars. So I think many could answer this important question now, Will this make battery dead if left plugged for overnight parking ?
    Anyone did so and have feedback to share would be quite helpful.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have left the OBD2 scanner plugged in for days together, without any issues.

Rajan
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Of course, if you leave the scanner plugged in and not use the car for extended periods of time, then it might possibly drain the battery. As long as the car is being used daily, leaving the scanner plugged in would not matter.

Rajan
  6. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    When i purchased the obd2 scanner ( via a dealer in mumbai) he told me that it is not advisable to leave the scanner plugged in for more than 3-4 hours as it may risk damaging the circuit due to heating (of the scanner)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure about that one. I have left the scanner plugged in for much longer durations, both with the car running and the car parked, but have never felt the scanner getting too hot.

Having said that, the scanner remains powered, even with the ignition turned off and the key removed. Anything that draws power constantly from the battery cannot be a good thing. After I realized this, I started removing the scanner, when I am not using it.

Rajan
  8. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Finally some luck! The ecu connected to the "Alfa OBD" android app. It has a crappy UI though. Hope torque developers impliment the protocol that our MJDs use soon. uploadfromtaptalk1357706660004.jpg

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Do you know which protocol it is? You can send a request to the developers since you have paid for the full version. But, if they are a bunch of sales hungry people, they'll ignore it since you have already paid :D
  10. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I dont know the protocol! Iv been hoping that the release it sometime soon. Till the Alfa OBD zindabad :D

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2