1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    How do I yank off the fuse panel cover? From the pics elsewhere it looks to be attached with plastic clips, but when I pull it refuses to budge.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @caffeineam: Its simple would need some force to pull, pull it slightly downwards. Or else take it to TASS if its close by, they will pull out. Or ask any Kid in the home, he/she will be happy to rip apart :p

If i remember correctly, there are 3 metallic V clips that hold the panel. Which you might be required to reset on place before putting back the panel.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Do not try to grab that handle like cavity in the fuse panel and pull. Grab the bottom edge of the panel, the edge closest to the ABC Pedals and pull towards the driver's seat and it should come out without much fuss :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks for the quick reply guys! Was able to get it off and connect the adapter and pair it with Android (OBDII - device name). But Torque Lite was not able to connect to the ECU, kept trying protocols. Tried with both ignition on and engine running. Will give it a shot with Torque Pro later and update.
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I hope you resolved the issue, please do post the solution so that it could help others.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    received my ELM device yesterday:dancing
    tried opening the fuse box as per patchboy's suggestion and it was very easy and just came out easily. Will try to connect it to my andriod device this weekend and update this thread :)
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Hope you have better luck than me. Mine does not even connect to the main ECU right now. I guess the controller chip itself is faulty.
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Not able to withstand checking my luck, I took my colleague's android mobile and checked my elm device with torque lite. Guess what it worked perfectly. :up

It showed me many parameters and most importantly fuel left. I just have 13.5% of fuel left in the tank and the needle is a bit below the red mark. Time to refuel :redcar
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    4 people like this.