1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Chevy camaro's HUD...
    chevy.....jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I have tried this with my iPhone.....
    hud.jpg

Sorry for poor pic quality..
  3. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Which is the app u are using for iPhone? How is the lag, i mean the speedo meter on your dash and your iPhone?

4. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It's iPhone app called HUD. It uses your gps location for speed...Lag is there, if you are at 80 on HUD it will display 72/75 like that... :(
    1 person likes this.
  5. amoldpande

amoldpande

Pune
    I am lost...

First of all... Thanks to Viny (& all others who added further) for sharing this amazing setup...

I am VERY new to such devices so I have some VERY basic questions. Pardon me if these are repeated & sound stupid...

1. I have GP-2012 1.2 Petrol Dynamic version. Has anyone tested whether any of the OBD scanner unit works well with it?
    2. Can I use the MapMyIndia Car Pad 5 (that I got in the Absolute pack) as the display/projection unit? (It is nothing but an Android Phone with dedicated GPS & has bluetooth connectivity too) So I believe I can install the Torque application from Android Market... Correct me if I am wrong...
    3. What are the Best-In-Class OBD scanners available in India? If those who know well about these can post some inputs for Layman people (like me) that would be great help...

Thanks again to all for their inputs...

Regards,
    Amol
  6. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Sorry for delayed reply, i hope this helps

Yes you should be able to use Car Pad 5 for HUD as its android based. Check if it has bluetooth, if yes then it should work.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Viny which BT scanner did you use?
    where did you buy it from and at what cost?
    Please report
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It certainly should work. I am using this BT OBD scanner. Not very impressed with the clarity of my tablet as HUD. I mean, it dispalys fine and reflects fine too. I guess it is the property of the windshield glass. I see double reflections :D

Rajan
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    No image on it??