1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. samendra

samendra

Hello Italia-linea,

I wanted to know frm where did you get the FIAT factory software and on wht OS is it compatible?

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Viny,

I am jst being redundant, but you really are amazing, I am planning to use a 5 inch cell phone or a tablet. I am going to remove the OEM HU of my punto active and mount in it place.
    I had few concerns, like i was going to use the output from the tablet and connect it to an amplifier. The amplifier would be a customized amplifier having a two USB port with a HDMI and 3.5 mm jack. Further the amplifier would have pin socket that would readily use the OEM pin set. Do you think this would be advisable.
    Further wht would you suggest a bluetooth dongle or a USB one. And when use the bluetooth dongle can we close the cap on the fuse box.

Regards,
    Samendra
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hi Samendra,

I am not much clear about how you have planned this, further details will be more helpfull to understand.

1. Which tablet or phone you are planning to use and will you use the same for HUD or will you mount it at OEM HU location.

2. What kind of custom amplifier you are building and what would USB port in ampli would do.

3. If the sound is what you are looking for, then i am sorry to say most of basic tablets and phones dont have good audio processing units, it may sound to good in earphones but in reality they are no good to put on speakers even with some of the good quality amps. So you have to make a call on what keeps you happy, if audio out from phone via amp is ok to you, then have fun :)

4. I would suggest a usb dongle, as bluetooth dongles will constantly consume battery and also carry a risk of others hacking into it as access credentials are common globally. yes one can close the fuse box with bluetooth dongle placed in.

Have fun and do share you creativity :)
  3. samendra

samendra

Hi Viny,

Thanks for the Reply and also I may trouble you with lot of questions in future until the project is complete ;)

1. I am planning to use a tablet or a cell phone having at max. a 5 inch display and mount it in the dashboard in place of the OEM unit (the Tablet or phone would be demountable, when ever required).

2. I understand the tablets don't have good audio processor, therefore I will mount an amplifier (will have it made frm an expert) which would be fixed and will be connected to the speaker's. The amplifier will receive the power from the original cable set or an in-car inverter either duracell or belkin. I will have have 4 ports (1 HDMI, 1 IPOD USB, 1 USB with Power supply And 3.5 mm Jack) on the amplifier for input, considering future possibilities as for now I plan to use a cheap tablet or phone till I perfect the system and the use a Moto Razr. Therefore the amplifier would receive music feed frm the HDMI port (Moto Razr has a HDMI output and also milagrow tablets have same).

3. I can use a USB cable as most of the tablet have the mini OTG/USB enabled for two way communication. Another way I thought was a extension cable that would come out from the fuse box and then we can connect the dongle at the end, this will make the dongle more accessible and easy to mount and demount.
    I will keep you posted with progress and question :)

Samendra
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  4. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Sir, Can u reupload the attachments/Pics in the first page?

Regards,
    Hariharan
  5. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team,

Has anyone been able to hook of the ELM327 to the Punto and get readings? If yes, please share your experience and the year of the car manufacture.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have an OBD II bluetooth device which connects to my Symbian phone & I am getting readins of the ECU via a software called 'OBDSCOPE' which is for symbian. I recently bought a Samsung tab with ICS & installed the lite version of Torque on it. But I am not able to get the torque application connected. I am able to pair the device with the tab, but once I open the torque application, it keeps on asking for the pairing code. Even after entering the pairing code, it wont connect. My confusion is the same pairing code is being used to connect the device to my symbian phone, I am also able to pair the device with my tab using the same pair code. But why is the Torque application not accepting it ? Do I have to specify any setting on the Torque application ? My bluetooth ELM device displays as 'chx' when connected.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
  9. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    I have some modifications for more convinience and additional features....

1. Can add on/off switch to OBD Scanner.
    2. Can use tablet for both scanner and music playing without wires.
    3. Using anti-slip mat to avoid slipping of tablet.

and many more after I recieve my OBD2 scanner.
  10. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    How can I sell my OBDII bluetooth dongle...Working exactly fine. Used for 2 days. Selling due to lack of tablet..