1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Viny,
    Changed the auto assigned com73 to com7.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Check your com port settings, see if you can get it between 1-4 or so. Even I had issues with com port and connectivity on Laptop, I played around for ports and finally got it working.

By any chance you using toshiba laptop to connect?
  3. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am using Dell Vostro with Vista, will try changing ports to 3or4 tonight, also which software are you using on the laptop?
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

How about using a mobile device to take control of car :)

Say switching on the car headlight from a distance, or starting up car AC before entering into the car or say, glowing up the interior lights of the car from a distance so that it shows up from distance in a dark parking area ...

:) :) :)
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Well not a bad idea...but you will have a tough time..Ask me why...because you will have to write it up for us as 'DIY' hi hi hi... One of my friend is havin a Skoda fabia and he used to irritate me asking whether I can open all 4 windows of my punto with the remote key.. If I do all these stuff which you had specified above with my mobile he will either hit me or throw my mobile away.. By the way I finished my automated cabin light with the help of Royj. Will be updating the snaps soon. One again thank you very much Viny..
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Viny it's possible to do all these things but it's difficult.

You would have to sniff the canbus signals and find which signal does what.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Vijay: :) Having fun :D
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Viny, you do this and I sure gonna find you (you keep your location hidden :p ) and seek your assistance in getting that done on mine as well.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    whats this useful for?? my cng linea must be throwing some errors and does not run well when turned back to petrol from cng unless i disconnect the battery. will this product work for me. does it say that we can erase errors from our bluetooth cell phones.