1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Linea / Punto Head Up Display (HUD)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Feb 26, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Viny- Do you keep the OBD II scanner plugged in 24x7? Or do you just use it every now and then whenever the mood strickes? I think a bit of Dos and Donts from you for this device can be good to have.
    Can it harm the ECU if kept plugged 24x7?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I just plug in when i get a mood to play around. I dont keep it plugged as this will consume battery as there is no method to turn of the bluetooth. I thing similar device with cable is good for those who want to keep it on for regular usage.

Probably i need to work upon some kind of method to bring in OBD on off switch or OBD extender cable. Will work upon this when I will go for carpc, and for that i need to figure out how to mount touchscreen in central console of Emotion Pack, which doesnt look custom fit. At the same time maintaining HU for Blue and ME :)

And with some good softwares you can yourself learn a lot about how to for ECU tunnings, though not that easy but its simple to learn :D
  3. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I think all Elm 327 OBD version 1.4 bluetooth adapter will work with Punto . Mine is MJD and it is working for me..
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Aniket: Problem is no matter what i suggest or others, there are fair chance of getting dud chinese piece :(. You can always try OBD II v1.4 bluetooth adaptor. If you are getting it locally then you can test it before buying but ordering online is a gamble. I got it from a factory at Shenzen (China), i dont have there web or email details :(
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    from where u bought ?
  7. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    yup iride office is near for me i vl test it and then buy it thanx a lot Viny & Cinju
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  9. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Cinju,

U hav Punto Emotion MJD right? which year make? I hav Punto MJD emo pack, the ELM 327 is not working, the same is workin on Hyndai i10. Tried laptop n android (torq) in Punto does not work.. :(
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ashpalio..mine is Punto emotion MJD Dec 2010 make.I tried in Symbian with an app called OBDScope. It is working fine for me. When I used it for the 1st time I had problem in connecting. Then I changed the connecting protocol to ISO in the application and it connected .By default the protocol would be auto. Once connected, I changed it to auto and then refreshed the connection and it worked fine displaying around 23 gauges. Even I was planning to check up with Torque app in one of my friend's phone. Will let you know the result. Mine is OBD II v1.4 with bluetooth.