1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY :: Installation of New Head Unit (Music Player)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Mar 20, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    There are wooden spacers available in ICE shops which serves the same purpose and they are given for free with speakers by the dealer.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Any tips for removing the head Unit without the Release keys???

I tried myself and a couple of accessory shop guys (near my house and mostly amateur) tried removing the head unit but failed. All of us didn't have the right tools though.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    couple of 2.5 mm allen keys work. Alternately get a couple of cycle spokes and bend them into shape and they should work. Once after the key is inserted fully, pushing it outwards is the trick.

Rajan
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the quick reply. How deep are they supposed to go. I noticed that they are going all the way down and when i tried to push outwards the spokes just bend and nothing happens. The same happened when the accessories guy tried.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Try using SS spokes from a motorcycle. I use allen keys. They will stop after about 2 inches.

Rajan
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Tried with precisely 2 inch long Allen Keys i had after your first post. Thought they weren't long enough hence the depth question. Guess i have to retry using them.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the tips Rajan. Retried today with some more determination.

Bent cycle spokes into a couple of U's and tried the same thing as i was doing yesterday but no joy. I was expecting it to pop out a bit so that i can pull out the rest but nothing was happening. A couple of plastic pry tools i had did the job finally.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Cool. The trick with the spokes is, you should have less than 1/2 inch protruding once inserted fully. If the spoke outside is too long, it will simply bend.

Rajan
  9. Pkya

Pkya Timido

Pune, Maharashtra
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3