1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY :: Installation of New Head Unit (Music Player)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Good one Viny..Will be useful for many..
  3. Hi Vinay,
    I am waiting for your post eagerly. I am planning to spice up my GP Emotion's Music system by putting Blaupunkt THA 475. This will follow by replacing all four speakers. i am going to have kicker for front (6.5") and JBL for rears (5.25").
    i have ordered for suitable speaker adaptors from UK. But wondering what to be done with speaker connector. is there any suitable adaptor for them? i do not want to cut original harness since car is new.
  4. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks Viny and kudos to jtomhk for such detailed DIY.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    thanks for sharing this Viny. i had seen this thread earlier. i am hoping i get a break through some day for Emotion PK module. Blue and me and eco drive is what i wish to retain :)
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

7. Viny

Viny Esperto

For this we would need to understand, how HU communicates with Blue and ME and also what all actions are taken care by HU that relates to Blue and Me.
  8. Dear vinay,
    i am little bit apprehensive about using tha 555 /475 , share your views about : since blau hu does not has pre out means it is taking ikts input from power output from HU. Well this not the best way to use any amplifier . amplified signals contain inherent noises and distortions(TH distortion , crossover distortion and other nonleniar distortions etc)
    if blau amplifier attenuates high level low impedance signal for using as input , i am afraid noise levels will be high (you are amplifying the noise, attenuating and amplifying again).
    shall i change the head unit and use any amplifier. cost will be the same .
    also , i could not find anything on speaker connectors . i do not want to cut original connector. any advice on this?
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

PNPs have in built hi/low convertors.
    If you are using any non PNP amplifier with stock HU you would not need Hi/Low convertors, alternately you can have a different HU too.
    There are no connectors required for speakers changes, just disconnect the original ones and fix the new ones at same end.

Go through following thread for Blapunkt Tha 555 PNP, it has extensive details ..
    Blaupunkt THA 555 PNP Amplifier
  10. vinay,
    go through attached image, you will understand what i am trying to find out

12102010175.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014