1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY-How to fix boot dent on a Punto without using a dent removal tool

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by s.rahus, Feb 24, 2014.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I was washing my dad's red GP and forgot to engage handbrakes. It rolled back on the ramp and banged against the rear right wheel arch of my white Punto. Moreover the front tyre rolled over my toe that is slightly swollen and bruised with a cut.

White Punto traveled 1 feet sideways and has dents all over rear right wheelarch.

Red Punto:
    has a misaligned bumper,
    both number plate lights not working,
    dent below the boot lock keyhole area besides scratches on dent.
    small dent and 3cm scratch of driver side door (it stuck against the gate while I attempted to engage handbrake.

Everything happened in a flash. Can not explain how sad I am to look at our two cars and both getting dented like this due to my negligence. Already I have too much stress of studies and now this. 2 weeks back a dog came in front of my car and the lower front grill is already out. :(

Hoping that the boot dent can be fixed in that tricky area.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hope its just a cut and nothing more serious! Our cars do weigh a lot, you know!

That's quite an impact! :eek:

Its sad indeed. Just a scratch or a small dent on my car leaves me in a depressive mood for days, you have twice the bad news here since both the cars belong to you!
    But do try and forget your car worries for now and finish off your exams. These can always be fixed and quite easily at that.

All the best wishes for your exams. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

One of the most useful DIY
  4. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome work done....