1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY FIAT PUNTO Door welcome lights installation

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Shadowfax, Jan 20, 2013.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

6 people like this.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally I've joined the gang...

Shadowfax and Aniket thanks for your diy help...I did it exactly the way instructed...took me about 3hrs
    Also got foot well lights installed

Looks awesome

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

share some pictures.....
  5. moksh

moksh Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Yupiee even I got It done Today ....Will Show Pictures today Evening
    Well One More thing when i got it fitted the guy told me drill one is better as all fitting is done just the same way the only difference is drill ....door panels are open in both ways
    and i cannot understand there are 3-4 models in market all have 3-5w off output so why they charge 1795 when even 940 is of same output .Confused
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

the no drill type doesn't require the panel to be removed.. i only removed the four screw on the bottom of the panel and tucked the wires in and put the screws back.. and as for non drill ones.. i fell the welcome lights that are available in are market comes in 3-5w..

Yes drill types are brighter, IMO its because drill types are placed at least an inch lower than the non drill type..making it more bright..

and yes there are a couple of models.. in 3-5w and a couple of generations.. latest being fourth gen which comes in 5w led and 7w Cree led chip.. they are much smaller and brighter compared to the previous generations.. projectorsaiz.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I have placed an order for a 4th gen 7w ABARTH puddle lights.. but i'll have to wait for not less than a month before i get my hands on it..
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The wait will be worth as Abarth puddle lamps looks just amazing and its unique.

:eek: I think in India my 90HP Punto only has Abarth Puddle lamps. :dance
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    dude don't you think.. you should upload pics from your side to make this thread complete? :up

- - - Merged Post - - -

Have seen quite a many installations. only thing which I wanted to ask was about routing the wires. cant we route the wires through the already existing path rather than keeping it open? I have attached one pic thAt should help you all to understand what i am speaking about. Really not sure if it be route through it!!!

10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Thomma is it also no drill type ? Can you share me the details plse.