1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY FIAT PUNTO Door welcome lights installation

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Shadowfax, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Final results

uploadfromtaptalk1358693059513.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358693076009.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358693098531.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358693138102.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358693117651.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358693098531.jpg

Stay tuned

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    21 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Cool. Looks awesome.

Could you at least please post a close up of how the wire is routed to A pillar? No one wants to reveal that secret :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Nice touch :) Are rear passengers welcomed as well?
    1 person likes this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

HAHA not yet...

@ patchyboy:- I have just started typing notes in a notepad will collate and add with Pics in a couple of hours.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Cool. Thanks man. I have some plans and wanted to see how the wires are routed.

Cheers,
    Rajan
  6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Special thanks to Italia-linea & Aniket for making the puddle lamp a possibility for my punto

The Defenition of Puddle lamp is simple

A lamp in the bottom of a luxury car door which illuminates the area into which a passenger is going to step when the door is opened.

But i wanted something different just other than a lamp. A fiat should always stand out.

A brief history about happenings just as a warm up.

This idea of puddle lamp was put into my mind by one of my colleagues. I started searching on net and found that there were a lot of sellers offering puddle lamps with logo. But hardly any in India.

This was way back in december and was in continous discussion with few mumbai members on this. Kedar was in UK at that time, so i checked with him the idea of getting it shipped from UK.

Unfortunatley dropped the idea as it did not make sense in paying a heavy amount for this mod.

Then italia-linea found a seller in delhi who sold all other brands other than FIAT. When enquired why so he informed that "no one buys FIAT"

I am sure italia-linea must have laughed on his face over the phone call.

End result was that the dealer agreed to put a link on e-bay India and start by selling 10 boxes.

The link can be found here

DOOR WELCOME LIGHTLED PROJECTION GHOST SHADOW LIGHT LASER LOGO FOR FIAT CARS
    DOOR WELCOME LIGHTLED PROJECTION GHOST SHADOW LIGHT LASER LOGO FOR FIAT CARS | eBay

Once ordered and opened the contents of the box are in pictures below IMG-20130116-WA0009.jpg IMG-20130116-WA0011.jpg IMG-20130116-WA0012.jpg IMG-20130116-WA0013.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

Well this is how it has been hacked from the pillar. Secondly one more option is that the same Brown runs till the roof light. If you want you can hack from there.

For safety reasons the + 12 volts can be hacked from the fuse box itself.

Great work Shadowfax, Very good quality DIY and perfect installation. The logo is perfect round and bright.

FxCam_1358494476802.jpg

FxCam_1358498854240.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the pictures. This is not exactly what I looking for. Power source is fine. What I am really concerned about is the bit of exposed wire between the A pillar and the door and the chances of that getting frayed.

I am looking for that bit exactly.

Rajan
  9. mayank

mayank Amatore

i want it...i want it...i want it:wow:clapping
    1 person likes this.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Ok got it. This hacked wire from A pillar runs till the door hinge from the a pillar itself, concealed.

Then it comes out of the rubber and goes in the door through the gromet itself. I have taped heavy layers and also used thick coating wires for connection.

Tried lot many times by opening and closing the wire, it doesnt come in between and wont break off.

FxCam_1358493884975.jpg
    2 people like this.