1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - DUAL Connection IPOD + OEM Headunit, Directly to Amplifier - amazing SQ

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Italia-Linea, Nov 2, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

That is a very good bonus. Now get a mobile holder which you can fit on the glass (like the GPS holders) and you are all set for home brew Blue and me.

You can actually route the 3.5 mm to RCA through your dashboard so that it exits near right side A-pillar so that you can make a neat connection to your mobile holder.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    humm...well amit, this idea really sounds good, looks clean too BUT my first thought looking at this whole thing is ''Boy its complicated!''
    Atleast complex for my little brain!
    Im too fed-up with my stock compos but fear of coplexivity towards B&M box and stock head unit, im living with it!
    My car some times starts ratteling like hell from different-different places & some times she is scilent like stock car! This fear of rattle also kept me away from puting tweeters, as i dont want to take chances.
    More over that i having least knowledge about compos,amps,wiring so have no option than getting mad at myself! :p
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    actually i avoided it putting on my windshield as its hard to reach there to change songs. when i place it near my gear its very convenient and i dont have to take my eyes off. its like changing gears blindly.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

no its very simple. stock speakers are not components. atleast on new cars there are no tweeters. i have used morel components in front along with dynamat extreme damping.

if you catch hold of some good ice installer he will do the rest for you. and if you need any help our forum is there:)
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Gr8 work, Italia-Linea,
    I was thinking of the same setup for my carputer + HU combo. Right now I was using the aux input.
    Thanks for providing information about quality cables.

Rajeev
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    dont connect the carputer to your hu via aux. it will sound worst as the oem head unit. connect it directly to the amp as i have done.

use the centrafuse interface on the touchscreen. it supports good players and softwares through which you can tune your system better.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Now it can be known as seamless connectivity.no matter in the car or on feet. No need to worry about uploading music files at multiple locations nor Bluetooth connectivity issues.

Wonder full Improvisation.
    Cheers Italia-Linea.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One missing thing is something like a DIY mobile dock fixed conveniently and permanent with stereo pin connector attached.possibly near RHS AC vent or just above fuse box under steering!!!
    you enter the car,push your mobile into dock and viola..!!!

one should have lot of lazy time to work upon such things though.
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    yeah planning to, but i already jumped onto next DIY. i opened the whole head unit, and shock :( the IC on the delphi head unit and the whole circuit is very different
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Pics and details please...and delphi ??
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    yes all the new fiats 2010 onwards come with delphi grundig unit, with totally new IC more powerful than the blaupunkt ones, with no data sheet available anywhere on the net.

but guess what , mission accomplished after putting atleast 30 manhours. hugs man :)

quality - dhinka chika dhinka chika, awesome.

sound staging with fader controlled subwoofer.

results- satisfied me, with multiple small cuts on hands & immense back ache ;)
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011