1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY : Door Trim Removal

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Cinju, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Here comes "Door Pad Removal DIY"

There are in total 7 screws which you need to remove for taking the door pads out. 3 Allen screws (marked in yellow) & 4 star screws (marked in red)
    1.JPG

There is a small cap behind the door open handle which needs to be taken out for getting access to the allen screw.
    2.JPG

2 more allen keys
    3.JPG

4 star screw holes on the bottom. Once all screws are removed, start pulling the door pad from bottom right towards you & you can hear the lock getting released.Pull pad from bottom right to left to release all locks & then slowly pull the pad towards you till all locks are released.Then lift the pad in an upward direction so that it gets released along with the rubber beeding piece which is between the pad & the window.(It is quiet easy)
    4.JPG

screws removed
    5.JPG

This is the string which connects the door open handle to the door lock release knob
    6.JPG

For releasing the string free, you can use a nose plier & slowly pull the white plastic lock(yellow arrow) backward so that the string(red arrow) comes out from the lock. Once it comes out of the plastic lock, pull the string down & it will be freed from the door pad.
    7.JPG

There are 2 more wired connections which need to be removed from the door pad before you can take off the door pad. You can follow the instruction given in the picture.
    8.JPG

Please follow the instruction given in the picture (ORVM Connector)
    9.JPG

Door pad removed. Please take a note of the position of all the plastic locks so that it will be easy for you while removing. Again while fixing start from top & make sure each lock goes into it's appropriate slots & doesn't get bend or broken.
    10.JPG

Hope this instruction helps users in resolving small rattling issues from the door pads. I am not a technical person & hence not mentioning the exact size of allen/star screws . Even the right name of part may not have been used.

Cheers,
    Cinju
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Brilliant Cinju.

Many thanks. This will surely help many. I have moved your post to a new thread for more visibility.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks a lot Gurjinder. Wasn't sure if this is clear enough & hence hesitated to start a new thread.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Excellent Tutorial, Cinju.

Very lucid and simple to understand.
  5. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    hey Cinjith.... simple and excellent...... great work !!
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Excellent Cinju, just to mention take care of those red plastic lugs on the door. If the break off they are very costly Rs.113 per set
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Excellent one. Our technical section is growing richer and richer:)
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is an excellent DIY Cinjith bhaijaan. I hope it helps those who have rattles in doors (me included). :)

As far as I remember, there was some red plastic cap like part in my door trim. The ICE installer did not bother about it. :(

I am unable to see it in your pics. It was a very small part just similar to those red plastic locks that you have shown in one of the photos.
  9. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great help! This will definitely help to understand to removing the door pad with a confidence. You have mentioned this for the front doors, what about rear doors, any idea. Is it the same as front. I mean to pull the the door pad after removing the screws, can we try from right bottom and when all the locks removed push towards up? :)

What Allen key set need to be bought for this DIY?

Regards,
    Ganesh
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Yashik can you please point the exact spot of that red thing on the photo . Even I dont remember seeing one such thing.
    @Italia -Linea you can easily get such similar clips in the automobile spare shop. They have variety of such clips & maybe they altogether would cost 100 Rs. So no worries there.
    @Ganesh Pulling rear-door trim is even easier.You have lesser no of screws there & you need to pull out only the power window connector. Yes rest of the process is same. Well for the allen key you can either get an allen key set which comes as a set of 5-6 or it comes with a screw driver set which contains hex bits (not sure if this is the right name).