1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY- Daytime Running lights

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by abhishekbhainsora, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Please get me the dimension. Let me see if I can source one in US. :)
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Here are the measurements. Measured with a tape hence may be with some mm errors, however the gaps will always be there and probably need to use some nice looking filler material outside.
    Also the slots are tapered inside as you can see.so better to search for a 10mm X 2.3 mm sizes. However the slots can always be cut inside to accommodate the depth I feel.
    LineaFoflight.JPG
    3 people like this.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Here is my Jet wearing with the Philips DRL's

803316_10200194304594411_47670562_n.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Brilliant.

I remember seeing lot of DRL's at Amazon.com within 10 cms. Let me start the hunt again.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How about this?

Other1.jpg
    varoon9999 likes this.
  6. how would you stick it in the place? super glue?
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    The above one has more depth , the slot also has a taper so 11.6 cm will be little tough to accommodate.
    Depth of 2.9 cm is also more and will protrude outside. try something within 10.6 cm width.
    Also if you want a nice fitting a casing which is little flexible is required as the slots are not exactly straight has a small curvature.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys............made these LED DRL's at my workshop with some purchased LED and plastic waste from home. Used two 0.5w SMD LED and one 0.5w Dome type LED with 100ohm resistor. Used a waste pen to make the body. Working perfectly fine and looks very beautiful. And overall the total cost for the pair was just Rs.50..................Enjoy.........................

DSC_0066[1].jpg

DSC_0067[1].jpg

DSC_0068[1].jpg

DSC_0069[1].jpg
    varunrtr, varoon9999 and kunwar.g like this.
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Daksh Raja . Does this not give any error message ? If not due to the 100ohm resistor, then lets move on to the other bulbs like the rear lights :) You already have LED there whereas we GP owners have Bulb. Maybe you could help.
  10. Daksh Raja

Daksh Raja Timido

dehradun
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g .............bro it gives the error light up.....................but who cares for that when you have an added beauty to your loved car in the cost less than the quarter of the lights availible in the market. I remember i installed the bulbs I bought for 450 grands and they too gave the error on consol. Currently I am having cabin light, rear number plate lights, and these front parking lights self made LED's and since installation(6 months), i have not met with any issue because of them. Currently working on high power fog lights, already ordered the raw material. Will post with schematics when done !!
    varunrtr likes this.