1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY- Daytime Running lights

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by abhishekbhainsora, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Hi Sudhakar

This is the wiring I have done, excuse my bad quality drawing in mspaint :D
    DRL.jpg

In this way, the relay will be closed until the park lights are turned on. So, when the ignition is turned ON, LEDs will glow, and when park lights are turned ON, relay will get open and LEDs will be turned OFF.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. sudhakar

sudhakar

Ghaziabad
    Thanks Clevermax,

Can you guide me for relay(any number or model) and where exactly i need to connect the wire in fuse box.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  3. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Does this give you any Warning in the console ???????

Anish

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Does this give you any Warning in the console ???????

Anish
  4. sidhu

sidhu Timido

punjab
    see this linea with DRLs.some some advice/comments will these DRLs look nice on our puntos .
    if we fit them are there any warranty issues? 4H.jpg K.jpg IMAG0216.jpg IMAG0218.jpg 4H.jpg K.jpg IMAG0216.jpg IMAG0218.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. I didnt quite like the placement of DRLs on both.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Just wondering what could be the best place to put the DRLs in Linea ? I somewhat dont like both the above placements.
    Is it advisable to cut some portion of the bumper and fix the DRLs ? Since the bumper has a curvature the DRLs may not get a flat surface to merge perfectly. Also the curve is more near the fog lights. Do we get DRLs with a flexible frame (not the cheap strip type) ? Anyone has idea ?
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, it is possible to do that, also you can cut the big fog lamp holder to place merc E class type DRLs.
    IMHO, Driving with fog lamps on looks much more beautiful than any of these DRLs for our fiats !! Will post a pic of that from a recent drive !
    1 person likes this.
  9. Even I did it in the beginning when she was new. After reading your post, I feel like riding again with old style.
  10. sidhu

sidhu Timido

punjab
    ya.these DRLs on linea look cheap but positioning is good.i think if we put them near fog lamps,led's will overlap when seen from front or we have to put DRLs parallel to grill.in link posted by varun,,, drl on red punto r nice.can i request him to give details of drl?