1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY- Daytime Running lights

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by abhishekbhainsora, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Hi all experienced TFIANS out there....

Looking at the success of the cabin LEDs I have gone on to considering installation of LED's as Daytime Running Lights on my Punto. I have searched on ebay and have found out exactly the type of lights needed. White colour, sober and adequately spaced lights. Could someone help me out with this task as I want them badly on my Punto...??? I want these to glow eith the pilot lights...

Regards
  2. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ^ i think power consumption nd fuse rating will differ of pilot lights nd DAYtime running ligthts .. so you'll need an extra switch..
    btw wat lights have you found on ebay ?? can you plz show us too ..
  3. DRLs in Palio

Installed DRLs bought from dealextreme.com in my Palio.
    Cost:2.3K
    5 LEDs each, sealed unit, claims to be water resistant.

No Switch for DRLs - turns on the moment ignition is ON and turns off when Park lights are turned on.

6531742551_865060e504_b.jpg
    7 people like this.
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Clevermax@ can you please attach the link of DX.

How is the light brightness. Does it look too blueish....?please do post some more pics
  5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

6. even i installed the same type(not the same brand) of DRLs on my punto...
    I got it from a local accessory shop.. cost: rs. 2K
    Check out my thread...
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
  8. sudhakar

sudhakar

Ghaziabad
    @clevermax,

i have DRLs with me, but don't know how to connect them for the same output as yours, it would be great if you can guide me. I have punto active with me.

Thanks,
    Sudhakar
  9. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, have anybody seen DRLS kepy in place of fog lamps? like this:
    LED Daytime Running Lights HL DRL LED 04 - HIDLED - Provide HID and LED Car Lights

the description , features, everything in the site seems good, but i havent got a proper reply regarding the price quote, shipping details, etc . Have any of you seen this product anywhere here in india? I m a bit skeptical about shipping from them , especially after reading this article in their website.. ROFL one.. have a read.. Car led bulb Maintaining Tips - HIDLED - Provide HID and LED Car Lights.... making me wonder if the site is genuine ! :O.

any links regarding the same would be very much helpful . Thanks
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012