1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Changing engine oil ( Multijet)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by mvb4u, Mar 23, 2012.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Fuel filter. Can only the cartridge be changed? I guess the A.S.S changes the whole thing, but the cartridge is the main thing right?
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, TASS fellows change the whole thing. But, one can get the diesel filter element and 'o' ring from outside the TASS. Open the top threaded part in the fuel filter assembly remove the old filter element and o ring replace it with the new ones refit the top part of the assembly and reconnect the pipes and electrical connection.

Here is a video link showing how to change diesel filter. The fuel filter assembly used in our cars is a lit bit different, but, the overall process remains the same.

Fiat Multijet Fuel Filter Replacement - YouTube
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    the thing that ASS change is cartridge only, our MJD's have sealed for life fuel filters that can't be opened and once opened you can't seal them back.
    1 person likes this.
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looking at the video I though that we can change the filter element. Don't know that indian edition has sealed filters.

Is any aftermarket fuel filter available which suits the punto on which we can change filter element?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Even the aftermarket ones are sealed. I've forgotten the name but they are some made in Delhi brand. Quite expensive too.

Same thing since the Palio D days. It's diesel filter also costs 2000 now. :(
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    DIY: 1.3 MJD Engine oil change video

1 person likes this.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have noticed that TASS is replacing the Oil sump plug with every oil change.

part no 0059116681 - costs Rs.78/-

Now is that really necessary?
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Technically, only the fiber washer needs to be changed, to avoid leakage. However, the construction is such that the washer cannot slip off the bolt accidentally. So, it is easier to just replace the bolt and washer as one unit. It is a low cost component and I am actually glad that the SC is replacing it.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  9. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

US
    US
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Will the oil drain out completely if lifted using jack? The Car will be in a slanting position right? I was planning for DIY and had this doubt.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do you really feel this a DIY job with car jack.? The engine guard is 2 inches below the engine that means imagine where drain plug sits and this you cant do with car jack(OEM).Pleas don't do this car jack is for only wheel change.

Safety First.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4